PDA

View Full Version : Suspension set up

EvoWorld
03-01-2012, 10:47 AM
I'm looking for a place to have some Megan coil overs installed on my 2011 X. I use it as my daily driver with an occasional canyon run. I'd appreciate and direction or advice thanks.

evolved13
03-01-2012, 01:36 PM
If you want them fine-tuned and installed correctly, contact John at Mullerized, I think it is in Costa Mesa.

Jdm9
10-18-2012, 10:46 PM
do it yourself its super easy. then go get a professional alignment afterwards.

Speed[Y]
10-18-2012, 10:52 PM
Install is pretty straight toward and there're plenty of write-ups across the board..I installed megans on mt ix in a few hours, first time ever btw lol

GokuSSJ4
10-18-2012, 10:53 PM
you have several shop that can cater to your needs... a budget helps, also how far are you willing to go??/
when i say that, i mean bushings, sway bars and aggressive alignment... depending on your needs...
you have several places that cater to your needs
road racing engineering
muellerized and westin alignment... Â*from top of my of head, I'm sure you can find others

evodriver49
10-18-2012, 11:35 PM
west end for alignment and corner balancing (coilover tuning)!!!!

This guy
02-25-2013, 09:16 AM
Hey im new, can any of you guys tell me what i would need suspension wise to go to the track on a 2013 evo x, i plan on buying tein mono flex but i hear you need something to correct gor the center of gravity change if u lower the car along with a bigger rear sway bar is this true

jmastrol
02-25-2013, 09:52 AM
Hey im new, can any of you guys tell me what i would need suspension wise to go to the track on a 2013 evo x, i plan on buying tein mono flex but i hear you need something to correct gor the center of gravity change if u lower the car along with a bigger rear sway bar is this true

Two posts above yours, by "Majin Buu", has some sage advice.Â* You will get your best results if you follow it.Â* You have two variables to cite when you talk with which ever shop you choose:Â* budget and goals.Â* They can give you solid guidance, provide parts, and deliver an Evo X that handles much better than when you gave it to them.Â* Either of the shops mentioned in his post will give you excellent suspension options.Â* They have been doing it for years.Â* And they have many happy customers on this forum, myself included.

Let us know how it goes!
:)

This guy
02-25-2013, 11:42 AM

Two posts above yours, by "Majin Buu", has some sage advice.Â* You will get your best results if you follow it.Â* You have two variables to cite when you talk with which ever shop you choose:Â* budget and goals.Â* They can give you solid guidance, provide parts, and deliver an Evo X that handles much better than when you gave it to them.Â* Either of the shops mentioned in his post will give you excellent suspension options.Â* They have been doing it for years.Â* And they have many happy customers on this forum, myself included.

Let us know how it goes!

Let us know how it goes!
:) yeah i defiantly will i live in temecula so im trying to find bear by places, also do you know of a good tuner near by so i can get quoted prices and get some advice

jmastrol
02-25-2013, 12:10 PM
@This Guy

Since you live in Temecula, I can't really speak to tuners or suspension shops close to you.Â* But, IMHO, it is well worth the drive to Santa Fe Springs and Costa Mesa, where two of these shops are located.Â* The 70 mile trip from Temecula will more than pay for itself because of the great talent and skills these folks offer their customers.

It is hard for me to recommend anyone with more enthusiasm than the shops mentioned by "Majin Buu".

Check out the Vendor forums for lots of posts from those shops.Â* It's a good place to get answers to your questions or help you define what you want to do with your Evo X.

O0

This guy
02-26-2013, 11:00 AM
Ok cool but ive read alot about the center of gravity changing and once you lower the car it increaces under steer, how can i reduce under steer while lowering the car, bigger rear sway bar ? More camber ? Anti lift kit ? Or white line roll center kit, keep in mind i will have enkei rpf1 18x10.5 when i get the coilovers any advice, byw i checked out the shops mentioned

jmastrol
02-26-2013, 11:52 AM
Ok cool but ive read alot about the center of gravity changing and once you lower the car it increaces under steer, how can i reduce under steer while lowering the car, bigger rear sway bar ? More camber ? Anti lift kit ? Or white line roll center kit, keep in mind i will have enkei rpf1 18x10.5 when i get the coilovers any advice, byw i checked out the shops mentioned

First, I'm not a suspension expert.Â* I know what works well for my Evo X based on the advice and guidance I got from Muellerized.Â* John and his guys did a spectacular job on my Evo X after first determining what I was going to do with my car.Â* If you call them, or the other shops "Majin Buu" cited (see reply #4, "October 18, 2012, 10:53:58 PM"), they will be happy to answer your questions as they apply to *your* goals.

You can't go wrong with one of these reputable shops, here on Socalevo.net.Â* They have been working on Evo's for years, have a very satisfied base of customers who eagerly return to their shop for setup/service, and have the knowledge to set your car up with the best components.Â* Just call.Â* If you have a bunch of questions, ask them for a phone appointment (because it takes a while to answer a lot of questions, don't just assume you are their only customer who happened to call them on that day).

When the work is done, you'll ask yourself why you didn't have them do it last year.Â* It is that big of a difference.Â* Seriously.

gsrIXevo
02-26-2013, 12:20 PM
just helping with information. search goes a long way.....

but here are links:
EVO X on Westend:
http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=37&topic=116914.0

Evo VIII/IX/ and some Xs on Westend:
http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=37&topic=41046.0

My 2cents... I've been to both.. they can do the job equally well. But I go to Westend because its my choice... first thing to learn about suspension... what works for some will not work for all. its all about your style... and then you have to learn what you like or what helps keep you between the ditches... lol

crzywhiteman01
03-20-2013, 02:23 PM

the answer is to track the car 100% stock first before you change anything. I took my car that i bought in the beginning of march to Buttonwillow 100% stock. The car is amazing stock , be for dumping money into coil-overs get some seat time with the car and see what you really want to change. If you go balls out with the car right out of the box you won't ever really learn the car properly. The brakes , tires , wheels and suspension and car are still much faster than I am so I am going to do a few more events before i touch anything. If you want to get coil-overs though I would not buy a Taiwan coil-over. I would go with a coil-over that has much better valving and will not just bite the dust. AST , KW stuff like that. You get what you pay for especially if you are going to DD your car. You can get other coil-overs re-valved and stuff but after all is said and done you could have just got the right stuff at the right time. Also a better coil-over can get custom spring rates to better suit the set-up you are looking for.

Just my .02

This guy
03-20-2013, 03:00 PM
Ok thanks for the advice