PDA

View Full Version : Massimo Power R&D Announcement (UPDATED 3/15/12)

Massimo Power
03-08-2012, 11:20 AM
We aren't going to sugar coat anything for you, our business is here to make money. Any place that tells you they "aren't making any money off you" are straight lieing to you. If a business is not there to make money it will soon be gone. Do you really think this is a goal for a business? The fair prices we charge and money we make goes right back around to bring you new things and to bring innovation to the world of the automotive enthusiest. We charge a fair price for the best service we can offer and not a penny more or a penny less. We will not lower our standards to beat others prices. We are who we are, and you are a customer. You have the choice of who you want to go with. We are here to let you know what we can offer, answer your questions, and give professional advice on whatever it may be. Doesn't matter who you are or who you are a fan boy of. We take care of everyone we can. With that being said heres a few things we have in store for you guysÂ* 8)

At the track we all suffer from the phenomena of Brake Pad Knock Back. If you don't know what this is, you experience it when you go through some corners with relatively high G, when you hit your braking zone and begin to brake, the pedal goes more than 3/4 of the way down before it begins to brake. This usually happens from the hub bending and deflecting the rotor into the pad and pushing the pads and pistons back into the caliper. When you go to push the brake, you have to first set the pads and then it will begin to brake. This is where the extra travel comes from. this has always been a confidence killer for many of us. Usually we correct this with some small pumps on the straight away. However, we at Massimo Power will be testing different permanent solutions to the problem and will post our findings and data. Once we are set on a proper solution we will be ready to offer it for your cars.

We are also working on different rear differential packages for the Evo 8/9 which will start at $299 installed!

If you have any questions or comments please feel free to post or send me a message.

-Mauricio

If you haven't added us on facebook yet you are missing out on alot of cool info, free stuff and fun stuff that we almost never post on here! > www.facebook.com/massimopowa

UPDATE: 3/15/12

Well after testing at Buttonwillow this past weekend we are officially ready to offer our own Rear Differential Services. We will have 2 Versions available. Version One will be using the stock re-arranged LSD plates to double the friction surface and give you maximum locking from the diff under acceleration. The Second Version will be Replacing the stock diff plates with a 12 Plate setup giving you even more locking to better power out of turns. Both Versions improve the feel of the car dramatically. As with our own race cars you will need fine tune your suspension set up and alignment etc. to your liking once this is installed. The car will be more tail happy but with proper setup it will be FASTER. Only Available for Evo 8 and 9.

Prices are as follows:

V.1 Rear Differential Upgrade $299.00

V.2 12-Plate Rear Differential Upgrade $499.00

Message me if you have any questions. :)

4G63 FEVER
03-08-2012, 11:39 AM
For sure Mauricio. You have to pay overhead somehow only liberals think otherwise.

Bump for a GREAT business!

njhns92
03-08-2012, 11:40 AM
massimo power ftw :D

LakaiorDie
03-08-2012, 12:15 PM
Bump for Mauricio and the Massimo Power crew! :smitten:

Team_swiff
03-08-2012, 12:56 PM
Bump for Massimo power! That's the truth. Real talk! Ttt

2muchboost
03-08-2012, 01:29 PM

+1!

EvolutionXtacy
03-08-2012, 02:50 PM
Awwwwwwww yeah

casperdomo
03-08-2012, 07:09 PM
SWEEEt! BUMP!

jo3y
03-08-2012, 09:25 PM
I wanna hump mauricio and the massimo power crew! ;)

kambodianboi
03-08-2012, 09:26 PM
Saw some good stuff at the shop, looking forward to see those items in the market!

evoevo
03-08-2012, 09:55 PM
Wow that's cheap. Im really interested in this. Good luck man.

2muchboost
03-08-2012, 10:44 PM
More info on the rear diff package!

Massimo Power
03-15-2012, 08:30 PM
Bump for Update.. :)

Black Evo Beauty
03-15-2012, 08:45 PM
We aren't going to sugar coat anything for you, our business is here to make money. Any place that tells you they "aren't making any money off you" are straight lieing to you. If a business is not there to make money it will soon be gone. Do you really think this is a goal for a business? The fair prices we charge and money we make goes right back around to bring you new things and to bring innovation to the world of the automotive enthusiest. We charge a fair price for the best service we can offer and not a penny more or a penny less. We will not lower our standards to beat others prices. We are who we are, and you are a customer. You have the choice of who you want to go with. We are here to let you know what we can offer, answer your questions, and give professional advice on whatever it may be. Doesn't matter who you are or who you are a fan boy of. We take care of everyone we can. With that being said heres a few things we have in store for you guysÂ* 8)

At the track we all suffer from the phenomena of Brake Pad Knock Back. If you don't know what this is, you experience it when you go through some corners with relatively high G, when you hit your braking zone and begin to brake, the pedal goes more than 3/4 of the way down before it begins to brake. This usually happens from the hub bending and deflecting the rotor into the pad and pushing the pads and pistons back into the caliper. When you go to push the brake, you have to first set the pads and then it will begin to brake. This is where the extra travel comes from. this has always been a confidence killer for many of us. Usually we correct this with some small pumps on the straight away. However, we at Massimo Power will be testing different permanent solutions to the problem and will post our findings and data. Once we are set on a proper solution we will be ready to offer it for your cars.

We are also working on different rear differential packages for the Evo 8/9 which will start at $299 installed!

If you have any questions or comments please feel free to post or send me a message.

-Mauricio

If you haven't added us on facebook yet you are missing out on alot of cool info, free stuff and fun stuff that we almost never post on here! > www.facebook.com/massimopowa

UPDATE: 3/15/12

Well after testing at Buttonwillow this past weekend we are officially ready to offer our own Rear Differential Services. We will have 2 Versions available. Version One will be using the stock re-arranged LSD plates to double the friction surface and give you maximum locking from the diff under acceleration. The Second Version will be Replacing the stock diff plates with a 12 Plate setup giving you even more locking to better power out of turns. Both Versions improve the feel of the car dramatically. As with our own race cars you will need fine tune your suspension set up and alignment etc. to your liking once this is installed. The car will be more tail happy but with proper setup it will be FASTER. Only Available for Evo 8 and 9.

Prices are as follows:

V.1 Rear Differential Upgrade $299.00

V.2 12-Plate Rear Differential Upgrade $499.00

Message me if you have any questions. :)
yeah

jo3y
03-15-2012, 09:06 PM
Bump for Update.. :)
. Bumpp =)

Massimo Power
03-15-2012, 09:32 PM
Next track day we will be testing different fixes to pad knock back available and will report accordingly.. :)

flyingscot
03-16-2012, 03:57 PM
bump for Massimo Burger

flyingscot
03-16-2012, 04:01 PM
i get knockback really bad at the braking zone for bus stop,i try not to use the brakes thru there now but i carry a lot of speed from club

Massimo Power
03-16-2012, 04:07 PM
haha Massimo Burger.. :)

Who needs to brake anyways right Kevin?

lol

Yea we'll be testing a few solutions to this and we'll see what happens.

jiffy_evo8
03-16-2012, 04:22 PM
Bump +1

flyingscot
03-16-2012, 04:54 PM
haha Massimo Burger.. :)

Who needs to brake anyways right Kevin?

lol

Yea we'll be testing a few solutions to this and we'll see what happens.
sounds good,bump for future updates

COD_Addict
04-19-2012, 07:42 AM
Hey I've been trying contact u guys but no answer. I need to schedule some maintenance. What time is the best to call? Or should i send a pm?

Massimo Power
04-19-2012, 12:17 PM
We have been very busy the past few weeks but aside from calling you can Send me a PM, Email us at [email protected], or contact us through Facebook (www.facebook.com/massimopowa )

:)