PDA

View Full Version : Evo X clutch engagement point changed?

AaronBabaron
03-28-2012, 10:07 PM
Hey guys, just got my Evo X from HB mitsu this Friday, and I feel like the clutch engagement point kind of changed? I've been learning how to drive the car, so I'm not TOO certain if it actually changed, or if I'm just freaking out. The engagement point seems unusually high, a little higher than in the middle. Anyone else feel the same?

DTunedEvoX
03-28-2012, 10:29 PM
I know like quite a few Evo X owner's who's clutch engagement point thats changed ....
Mostly do to Hard and/or repetative launching on the stock clutch LOL ..
Mine included ;)

Mine has never felt the same after 2 hard launches back to back on the street ... Good thing I'm saving up for a new clutch ;)
I suggest you start saving ...

AaronBabaron
03-29-2012, 10:43 PM
What... I literally just got the car. Does the stock clutch engage high normally?

DTunedEvoX
03-30-2012, 05:21 PM
I've had about 12 manual cars - and I would say it engages about at the half way point and slowly raises .. Mine is 3/4th of the way up now on the stock clutch.
My bro-in law's 2011 with 3k miles engages at the halfway point.
How new are you to driving and what kind of car did you come from?
A lot of n00bs comming from FWD/RWD drive the car and let go of the clutch to quickly and have seen a lot of clutches burn out @ like 5-10k.

AaronBabaron
03-31-2012, 12:01 AM
I'm very very new to driving stick, and I come from an automatic RWD car. My friend said it should be fine, but the engagement point is incredibly high now. It's pretty much all the way up top. I've been reading up on it, and people say it engages super high normally

DTunedEvoX
03-31-2012, 12:17 AM
Its definitely higher than all of my other cars .. my 8 included with a stock clutch and a ACT HDSS ...

duhveed
03-31-2012, 12:44 AM
It engages super high and I've always hated it

but last week I had a new clutch and cmc put in and we we're able to adjust it so it engages closer to the floor it's awesome now

AaronBabaron
03-31-2012, 01:15 AM
I want mine to engage closer to the floor... well, now that I have confirmation that it engages high, I can stop freaking out. Thanks guys :)

amaev05
04-08-2012, 08:32 PM
yea, i would love to have about 1/2 the pedal travel on my clutch.

demetry14
07-20-2012, 02:26 PM
i recently had all 5 syncro's replaced due to another reason on my X and upon receiving my car back noticed the clutch point moved back down to around mid point on the pedal. Now I dont know if it was the syncro's or the fact that they took the whole trans apart and the back together causing whatever was out of place to be placed correctly again. But figured I'd let everyone know, in cae you do the same as I did and notice the same thing.

demetry14
11-19-2012, 11:32 AM
@dahveed & @ALL

You wouldn't happen to know what was done to move the engagement point? A month after the replacement on my Evo X the engagement point went right back to the top of the pedal. If I knew a little I could learn a lot... So if anyone had knowledge or pics of what was adjusted and/or where, I can just fix it myself.

DTunedEvoX
11-19-2012, 02:28 PM
I adjusted nothing for mine to move ... 2 Back to Back Launches toasted my clutch and moved the engagement point for me hahaha .... I'm STILL on the stock clutch; an upgraded replacement clutch is on the to-do list but I know it's going to set me back around $1200 for parts/labor ...

Mike W
11-19-2012, 03:22 PM
EVO X clutch engagement point is not adjustable from the factory. When you change to a Magnus EVO 9 clutch master cylinder kit then you can adjust the engagement point. On a stock EVO X master cylinder with the engagement point moving up, that is just God's way of telling you that your clutch is wearing out.

Mike W

demetry14
11-19-2012, 05:14 PM
EVO X clutch engagement point is not adjustable from the factory. When you change to a Magnus EVO 9 clutch master cylinder kit then you can adjust the engagement point. On a stock EVO X master cylinder with the engagement point moving up, that is just God's way of telling you that your clutch is wearing out.

Mike W

Mike...

I would hope not, my clutch is new and I don't launch.

"But thanks for your advice, I will keep that in mind when I need a new one."