PDA

View Full Version : e85 injector scaling Q?

amaev05
04-07-2012, 03:04 PM
how these look? which way do i need to go with scaling?

amaev05
04-07-2012, 06:49 PM
merlins guide says you have to log for 16 minits while driving to get ltft mid. question is, do i have to be logging the whole time or can i have driven that amount and then after its been shut down for a bit, can i log it then idling to get the proper readings?
example. i drove to LA from OC. come home turn off car go get the lap top plug it in and log the car idling as seen in the above graph

amaev05
04-08-2012, 05:07 AM
just looking for some input.

Mike W
04-08-2012, 01:31 PM
Looks more like you are bragging than asking a question. :-) less than 2% on your trims is bad ass.

Mike W

amaev05
04-08-2012, 04:59 PM
sweet that's awesome news. ive been tuning my car for a while now, but have never worked on any other evo's but mine and its never seen another shop, so i was just hoping i was on the right track with the basics.
with my lc1 wb02 the gauge reads richer than what evoscan shows. so when im sitting there idling it seems as if its on the rich side.
but my readings should be accurate? under describes circumstances?

Mike W
04-08-2012, 07:03 PM
The ECU is using the stock O2 sensor to adjust the fuel trims from. So all that matters for closed loop is what the ECU thinks. And in your case with the long term monitoring and tweaking you have done, thinks that everything is pretty much perfect :=)

Mike W

oldevodude
04-12-2012, 10:44 PM
if there was a recent flash trims could simply not be "Settled" but yeah under 2 is golden and no you don't have to drive to check trims. The trims are stored in the ECU long term after the "learn" cycle which was mentioned as 10-20 minutes each of cruise and idle for short and mid and supposedly the ltft is like a global at least thats my understanding.

PS what about that boost curve get that sorted? ;)