PDA

View Full Version : "4wd service required"

ercm16
04-28-2012, 08:06 AM
Again another issue with this POS* :tickedoff:, so about 2 days ago I went to go get my tires rotated and decided to get different tires since the stock ones that I had on the front were gone. So I got 255/40/18 on the back and the stock front. So as I was going home I get a Message on my dash saying “4wd service required” and im like WTF. Now I don’t know if having different size tire will throw off the code. I did check my breaks, I heard it could be an alignment or rear breaks. Now it dose not turn one right away, when I have my S-AWC screen on I notice that the center part looks glitchy and get one bar on top and one on the bottom. After I hit 45mph I for about 10min of driving, it turn on. I tried searching around to see if anyone has any info but nothing really that has help me figure this out. I really want to figure it out before I have to take to the dealer. Im going to post video as well.

Thank in advance ;)

Azian
04-28-2012, 08:19 AM
Again another issue with this POS* :tickedoff:, so about 2 days ago I went to go get my tires rotated and decided to get different tires since the stock ones that I had on the front were gone. So I got 255/40/18 on the back and the stock front. So as I was going home I get a Message on my dash saying “4wd service required” and im like WTF. Now I don’t know if having different size tire will throw off the code. I did check my breaks, I heard it could be an alignment or rear breaks. Now it dose not turn one right away, when I have my S-AWC screen on I notice that the center part looks glitchy and get one bar on top and one on the bottom. After I hit 45mph I for about 10min of driving, it turn on. I tried searching around to see if anyone has any info but nothing really that has help me figure this out. I really want to figure it out before I have to take to the dealer. Im going to post video as well.

Thank in advance ;)
You're supposed to put the same size tire all around.........

KEVIN@MITSU
04-28-2012, 08:29 AM

Thank in advance ;)
You're supposed to put the same size tire all around.........

+172842457243945949278547378

ercm16
04-28-2012, 08:56 AM
i know about having all same size but i didnt know it was goin to be that bad?

I figured that was goin to be the issue

Azian
04-28-2012, 09:43 AM

so you blame the car when its something you did......i haz logics :idiot2:

ercm16
04-28-2012, 10:09 AM
Well the only reason i even posted was cuz it happen befor and i had i took it the dealer....they ended up replacing my whole hydraulic system. Im like a person thats been cheated on i just cant trust my car anymore :(

EndlessOne
04-28-2012, 12:25 PM
so you put different size tires to make the problem worse? i get you had a problem before trust me i know, but now you just made the problem worse and this time its not just the car. you need to get all stock tires or all 255's. thats a rookie mistake and you've been on here for awhile.

04-28-2012, 12:47 PM
new tires = problem solved :coolsmiley:

casperdomo
04-28-2012, 01:13 PM
That's good for the car. Now just put a new pair of 285 tires up front and leave the 255s alone, you'll be fine.

evodriver49
04-28-2012, 05:21 PM
That's good for the car. Now just put a new pair of 285 tires up front and leave the 255s alone, you'll be fine.

LOL plus putting mismatched tires on an AWD car will put stress on your drivetrain and could cause problems. there's no advantage or reason to doing this -_-

Black Evo Beauty
04-28-2012, 06:49 PM

two words........dumb ass :)

Black Evo Beauty
04-28-2012, 06:52 PM
Again another issue with this POS :tickedoff:, so about 2 days ago I went to go get my tires rotated and decided to get different tires since the stock ones that I had on the front were gone. So I got 255/40/18 on the back and the stock front. So as I was going home I get a Message on my dash saying “4wd service required” and im like WTF. Now I don’t know if having different size tire will throw off the code. I did check my breaks, I heard it could be an alignment or rear breaks. Now it dose not turn one right away, when I have my S-AWC screen on I notice that the center part looks glitchy and get one bar on top and one on the bottom. After I hit 45mph I for about 10min of driving, it turn on. I tried searching around to see if anyone has any info but nothing really that has help me figure this out. I really want to figure it out before I have to take to the dealer. Im going to post video as well.

Thank in advance ;)
just sell the car your not worthy of such beautiful car..... problem solved

evolved13
04-28-2012, 06:57 PM
I would say that 17's on the front and 20's on the back would be awesome..maybe some 10" wide rims. And some 30 mm spacers for that hella-flush look (but only on the back).

popdakebin
04-30-2012, 11:50 AM
I think he understands now y'all, lol... Rotate your tires so they wear out evenly. Then, when it comes to replacing tires, you can replace all of them at once. I went to Tire Central. Got all 4 Hankook v12 for pretty cheap.

ercm16
04-30-2012, 12:41 PM
I really hate how some people here thinks they think everyone else is stupid but not them, i really appreciate some of the imputs, but some i think should be kept to your selfs. Its funny cuz most of evo owners are insightfull and pretty helpful without being dicks, i know it was a rookie mistake but geez ppl dont ur god cuz you know the answer

theinnereffect
04-30-2012, 03:31 PM
I think he understands now y'all, lol... Rotate your tires so they wear out evenly. Then, when it comes to replacing tires, you can replace all of them at once. I went to Tire Central. Got all 4 Hankook v12 for pretty cheap.

how much did they run you? I kinda wanna get a set

rcantuc
04-30-2012, 07:03 PM
i'm surprised the tire shop didn't advise against it.

AlphaKennyBody
04-30-2012, 07:07 PM
I'm surprised as long as you been on this forum with both an Evo 8 and X you should know know better with 3 Stars*** Evolved Member (unless you were just post whoring...) that was a NOOB mistake not a Rookie. Rookie mistake is running spacers and then taking a corner and the rim came off or someone not tightening the lug nuts all the way. I'm sure you learned now this is SCE there's many people who are quick to throw stones at open opportunities. At lease this was posted on EvoM. lol

So yes wrong tires will hurt the car especially being on an Evo X with all the dumb computers looking for things..... Best of luck, I'd get it fixed Asap before any damage MAY occur. Let us know if you got this taken care of.

evolved13
04-30-2012, 07:34 PM
Amen-
We love you man (no homo)! You have got to KNOW that alot of us act like dicks when we see a thread like this. Don't take s*it too personal- we all love the damn cars and would stop in a minute to help when we see an Evo in trouble on the side of the road...

AlphaKennyBody
04-30-2012, 08:16 PM
Very well said O0

EndlessOne
04-30-2012, 08:49 PM
If my post came off as being a dick head that's not what I meant. I was just trying to figure out where your head was at when you did this. Like most people we assumed you knew that different tires can throw stuff off and mess things up. So don't take it personal and as evolved said most of us would help out a fellow Evo owner if they were stuck on the side of the road.

Darks17
05-05-2012, 02:14 AM
Amen-
We love you man (no homo)! You have got to KNOW that alot of us act like dicks when we see a thread like this. Don't take s*it too personal- we all love the damn cars and would stop in a minute to help when we see an Evo in trouble on the side of the road...
+1 Always.

bmirandeezy
06-12-2012, 10:26 PM
Hey guys so I have the same problem but I changed the rear tires and they are the stock size. So what could be the problem? Is it the sensor on the wheel? Someone help

Speed[Y]
06-12-2012, 11:19 PM
I was advised by the tire shop and various people that changing all tires at one time is best as the different tread depths might or will cause havoc if only one or two are replaced..I've heard otherwise too..but ill stick to changing all 4 when necessary lol :grin: