PDA

View Full Version : DUal map E85/ 91octane option for 2011 GSR?

chicken_loops
05-09-2012, 11:56 AM
Is there any way to run dual maps on my 2011 GSR?
Im not sure if Tephra v2 was released?
I also saw one member saying he uses a tatrix cable and a laptop to switch between tunes.

On a side note.
I have an ETS 3.5 in intercooler, AMS DP, and ID1000 injectors. Planning on getting a blaqops kit or something similar.
Would anyone recommend any other parts prior to tuning?
IE Synapse DV, or 3port BCS?

Thanks

1WkdEvo
05-09-2012, 12:19 PM
You won't need the 3 port or the Synapse. Stock DV will be perfectly fine for this setup

I am unaware of issues specific to the 2011 and as you know 2008 and 2010 have dual map functionality through a varierty of means (I use CC switch)

A tuner could quickly resolve this question though

chicken_loops
05-09-2012, 02:16 PM
From what I read on some other threads... the CC switch only works for 08-10 models. But i'm not sure why.

Killmode
05-09-2012, 04:23 PM
Get a 3-Port! Makes tuning so much easier! Boost comes on quicker and holds much better!

HMatt
05-09-2012, 06:53 PM
You are SOL on that for now... You can't switch maps on the '11 or higher yet. It's a slightly different code and ecu. But when they crack it, it will be awesome. Something like enough space for 9 or 10 maps.

Word is that Tephra has cracked it already and is actually using the some of the steering wheel controls to select the maps, and the tac needle points to the number of the map selected. The reason it isn't out open-source yet if because he is actually currently under contract with COBB and they have rights to it for the time being. It will be out open source, it's just COBB will have it before anyone else does for at least a year or so.

The only way now is to keep a tactrix cable in your car, or get an access port with some custom tunes on it.

Darks17
05-10-2012, 12:47 AM
You are SOL on that for now... You can't switch maps on the '11 or higher yet. It's a slightly different code and ecu. But when they crack it, it will be awesome. Something like enough space for 9 or 10 maps.

Word is that Tephra has cracked it already and is actually using the some of the steering wheel controls to select the maps, and the tac needle points to the number of the map selected. The reason it isn't out open-source yet if because he is actually currently under contract with COBB and they have rights to it for the time being. It will be out open source, it's just COBB will have it before anyone else does for at least a year or so.

The only way now is to keep a tactrix cable in your car, or get an access port with some custom tunes on it.
nice to know its on the way.

chicken_loops
05-15-2012, 10:53 AM
I PMed cobb, but got no response.
I guess I'll just have to wait until it's open source.
I was really anxious to see what e85 would do for me too

Thanks for the insight