PDA

View Full Version : My stereo doesnt work..help

06_evo_09
05-13-2012, 11:52 AM
Okay guys, so i recently picked up a 2006 evo 9 gsr and the car had a full on sound system before i purchased it, but everything was put back to stock. It has full sound proof material in the trunk, and there are RCA and remote cables coming from the back of the stereo to the trunk, and are disconnected on both ends so they are just laying there. The head unit is the stock one but its obvious the guy had an aftermarket one before.

Anyways my question is, my head unit turns on and i can see it thinks it is playing music, but no sound is coming out...IDK what the problem is, i have tried checking fuses. What i think might fix the problem is i need to get a aftermarket head unit and an amp because the RCA's are not plugged into anything..but is there any way to fix the problem now because im still saving up to do my sound system..

Greatly appreciated,
-Alex :mitsu:

Ivan
05-13-2012, 12:30 PM
Do you have speakers in the car? Maybe the previous owner cut the factory radio harnesss or the speaker wire. The only way to know is to take off your door panels and remove the radio.Also you can check the trunk ones easy. You should be able to see the wires connected. Hope that helps. Ivan

STIH8TER
05-13-2012, 12:31 PM
Evos dont need a sound system.

hardcoreracing
07-16-2012, 06:05 PM
What i think might fix the problem is i need to get a aftermarket head unit and an amp because the RCA's are not plugged into anything

Most likely that's your problem.Â* Previous owner probably took it out before you took possession of it.

beastmode02
11-04-2012, 12:32 AM
mine was broke too, it was the ETACS.