PDA

View Full Version : ID 1000cc What kind of clips are these? and how do i install them?

chicken_loops
06-10-2012, 02:20 PM
Here's a pic of the injectors and clips (shown left of the injectors) i bought from a local.
Said he bought the injectors from RRE.
I was wondering How i would install these and if I need some kind of extra harness to do so.

Thanks

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y190/neogen69/PhotoJun1021844PM.jpg

pikadosboy
06-14-2012, 08:18 AM
U can get a plug and play harness from map or you willvhave to use this plugs images of the factory ones.

KT Motoring
06-14-2012, 09:45 AM
It appears that you will have to insert the metal pins into the plug harness that its part of the same bag. I don't quite understand why ID didn't do this already to make it truly plug and play. Without attaching those harnesses, there is a possibility the injector plug might not match up with the factory wiring harness.

Alfred@TTech
06-14-2012, 10:00 AM
The plugs definitely will not plug right into the ID1000 injectors. As a dealer we are offered two options in regards to this.

First, is the cheaper route which is the one you show in the picture. They provide you with the necessary plug and pins and you must splice into or cut off your existing harness plugs and pin them in.

Second, is they do offer a plug and play option that runs about $48 but honestly its worth it.

Good Luck

AlfredÂ* :mitsu:Â* Â*

Mike W
06-14-2012, 04:48 PM
Those injectors didnt come from here.

Lots of plug and play adapters out there are pretty janky. If you use them, pull and wiggle on them with the car running to be sure they are connected well.

Mike W

chicken_loops
06-20-2012, 03:53 AM
So what would be my best option? and would splicing into my wires inhibit me from going back to stock in the future?

Thanks in advance

Mike W
06-20-2012, 04:01 AM
Best option? It is difficult to know how good you are at splicing and crimping to be able to judge. By asking the question in its self kind of points to you not being up to it.

Anything that can be done, can also be undone. How well the connectors are swapped will depend on if they can go back to stock unnoticed. For sure they can go back to stock. Weather or not the warranty Nazi @ MMSA will notice is up to whoever does the install and removal.

Mike W