PDA

View Full Version : Need help with 2011 gsr tune

nftkid
06-23-2012, 07:41 PM
Ok guys so im a little confused here. Any help would be really apreciated. I have a 2011 gsr with an ams intake, uicp, and widemouth down pipe with a 3.5in qtp cut out replacing the cat. So i did a pull to see how much power im making with the stock rom settings and this is what i got 296 hp and 290 tq with closed cutout and 328 hp and 309tq with open cutout (attachment 1).

ok so i installed my wideband and got the boost reading correctly and started tweeking the afr, mivec, timing, and boost maps and did another pull and this is what i got 339 hp and 353 tq(attachment 2).

So i tweeked the maps some more and ended with this 324 hp 303 tq (attachment 3)

Then i decided to do a 4th gear pull and these where my numbers 328 hp and 319 tq (attachment 4)

Now my questtions are, why am i making less power when its the same temp outside on a tuned map than i am on a stock map? or was my car already maxed out from the factory?Â* and what changes can i make to my settings to make more power?

jangvt
03-08-2013, 03:05 PM
where did you get your car tune? i think if you're not sure what you are doing, i think you could end up a really expensive route blowing something up might as well leave it to a tuner i think it's safer that way. you can head up to RRE to get it checks out and tune there. imo but good luck hope you are not blowing any :P

deprydation
03-15-2013, 04:35 PM
If I were you, I'd visit RRE.

Also, if you're tuning your car. Use the same gear over and over and over again. Why throw another variable in there by adding another gear?

Also, with the AMS intake, they have a larger MAF tube than stock. I believe it even says on the website that 2008-2010 Evo X is fine due to richer factory maps, but 2011+ needs tune work for the intake due to leaner fuel maps.

I don't wanna ask too many questions here cause it could go on for days of back and forth. I just recommend you take your car to Mike W @ Road Race Engineering and ask him to tune it for you. A $500 tune isn't expensive compared to the 4+ thousand you could end up spending on a blown engine.

evobros
03-15-2013, 04:39 PM
If u were u guy!! I would look at the date

RALLInspired
03-15-2013, 05:24 PM
Mike and i would be more than happy to get the car running as it should.Â* If anyone needs a little helping hand, email me your ROM and logs.Â* [email protected].Â* Â* My road race email address isn't working at the moment.Â* Give us a call here to set up an appointment or ask any questions.Â* 562-777-1522.Â* ;)

Why is this thread even being bumped or responded to after so long?Â* :knuppel2:

Rick B

Mike W
03-15-2013, 07:55 PM
Why necro bump?

Because Fan Boy!

Mike W
(check's in the mail)

nftkid
03-16-2013, 12:46 AM
Bump :uglystupid2: bump. Lol.

nftkid
03-16-2013, 01:10 AM
Thanx. I've already been to RRE and it didn't wrk out. I like Mike he's a great guy, talked to him a few times on the phone but aside from that no thanx. I know what the problem was AFR was totally fucked up due to the wideband being too close to my cut out (reading atmospheric o2 levels). Anyways all is good now car is running like a champ got a retune by my man Bakaunchi aka Jesus :bow:

amaev05
03-16-2013, 09:49 PM
why is every one in socal so skerd of tuning there car? or even using tuning tools to check and fix minor issues.