PDA

View Full Version : Best clutch For 400+ evo x W/O upgrading CMC

ercm16
06-28-2012, 11:47 AM
yeah i know you can use the search button,I have an idea of what i want but i havent found out which one is best without upgrading The CMC. My stock clutch has not takin a shit just yet but im pretty sure im goin to need one since i just switched to e85. I daily Drive my car so I obviously dont want something that will break my leg lol :-P. I want to hear input from people who have already been thru this issue. What you guys would recommend because its happen to your car. I know about all major shops like RRE, TT, Massimo and other but fill me in which one you had best price and experience. Please keep all negative comments to your self thank in advance. O0

KT Motoring
06-28-2012, 12:32 PM
Our customers have had good experiences with the ACT HDSS clutch on the Evo X without having to upgrade the CMC. the heavier the pressure plate, the more likely the CMC will fail.

3diamondxpress
06-28-2012, 01:16 PM
^^^ +1 im running act hdss kit and flywheel and oem cmc .no problems 42k on evo and roughly 12k-14k miles and one track session on act clutch kit.

ercm16
06-28-2012, 01:45 PM
Thanks for the imput guys! Great help :)

1WkdEvo
06-28-2012, 02:11 PM
I ran E85 from 11k miles to 59k miles on stock cluctch, flywheel, and CMC pushing out over 430whp with 8 track days thrown in. Torque is the killer on a clutch and since nobody runs nearly as much torque on the stock 4B11 as they did on the 4G63, it allows you to take advantage of the stock clutch longer.

Being prepared is always good, but personally I like to make use of the stock parts(especially the espensive ones) as long as possible. The only reason I changed the stock clutch at 59k was because I decided to build the motor so while we were in there, RRE swapped the clutch, FW, and CMC.

Either way, good luck

Killmode
06-28-2012, 03:37 PM
FX400.

Im running a Spec 2+ but from what Ive heard, Spec has gone down the tubes since I got mine. Ive got about 15k on the clutch and over 150 launches. Thing still holds like a champ. Stock CMC too. :)

Also, remove the clutch resrictor pill.

blkside
06-28-2012, 03:46 PM
Well I run an ACT HD but I changed the CMC years ago and I will tell you the difference in price is nothing. The engagement and smoothness cant be beat... Good luck in your search...

AlphaKennyBody
06-28-2012, 04:12 PM
I drove a ACT Street Disk HD Plate + Stock CMC last night matter of fact..... The pedal feel is great and much more smoother than the stock setup.... The owner said he had the clutch for at least 10K now.

ercm16
06-28-2012, 04:40 PM
I guess act hdss it is :) so far i hear great info about it

CICreations
06-28-2012, 05:48 PM
I ran E85 from 11k miles to 59k miles on stock cluctch, flywheel, and CMC pushing out over 430whp with 8 track days thrown in.Â* Torque is the killer on a clutch and since nobody runs nearly as much torque on the stock 4B11 as they did on the 4G63, it allows you to take advantage of the stock clutch longer.

Being prepared is always good, but personally I like to make use of the stock parts(especially the espensive ones) as long as possible.Â* The only reason I changed the stock clutch at 59k was because I decided to build the motor so while we were in there, RRE swapped the clutch, FW, and CMC.

Either way, good luck

Don't listen to this guy......this is crazy talk. You need to triple plate that shit ASAP to handle all that space time continuum bending goodness you're about to receive with that corn syrup! :crazy2:

Honestly though, what he said. I've been running my X at 330whp/340wtq for around 10K miles now on the stock clutch and I haven't had the first hint of slipping (knock on wood). I just don't launch from a dead stop, and I don't get into it until it's already rolling. I would have funds set aside for a replacement so you're not left without a car when the stocker does finally start to fail, but until it does, get all the life you can out of that stock clutch...you paid enough for it. O0

Oh and when you are ready for that triple plate awesome sauce clutch go see Alfred at Tuning Tech! **shameless plug** 8) HAHAHA

Mike W
06-28-2012, 06:42 PM
The clutch master cylinders pop apart with stock clutches too.

A slightly janky CMC will pop apart on a stock clutch.

A medium jankly CMC will pop apart on a mild upgraded clutch.

A well glued together CMC can hold up to a monster heavy clutch.

Axing the peanut gallery here is not going to get you the answer you need. You nor anyone here reading this thread really have no idea on how well the idiot @ the plastic CMC factory put the retarded part together.

Only use the EVO 9 style CMC kits at this point. The SSP CMC kits are carp and the AMS cock ring fix does not work when it really wants to pop apart.

Mike W

CICreations
06-28-2012, 07:01 PM
The clutch master cylinders pop apart with stock clutches too.

A slightly janky CMC will pop apart on a stock clutch.

A medium jankly CMC will pop apart on a mild upgraded clutch.

A well glued together CMC can hold up to a monster heavy clutch.

Axing the peanut gallery here is not going to get you the answer you need. You nor anyone here reading this thread really have no idea on how well the idiot @ the plastic CMC factory put the retarded part together.

Only use the EVO 9 style CMC kits at this point. The SSP CMC kits are carp and the AMS cock ring fix does not work when it really wants to pop apart.

Mike W

Gangsta!

1WkdEvo
06-28-2012, 07:48 PM
Wait, do you guys sell cock rings Mike?

CICreations
06-28-2012, 07:59 PM

Yes they do....in 3 different sizes. Would you like to see some pics?Â* Â*^-^

Mike W
06-28-2012, 08:05 PM

We sold and installed a couple. But when the pressure builds up as the piston reaches maximum depth... they cant hold the pressure. We you can see where it just bursted apart anyways. The fluid mess.. just dribbling and oozing errywhere.

Mike W

ercm16
06-28-2012, 11:51 PM
^^^Sound like a xxx movie lol but i figured you need upgrade ur cmc regardless