PDA

View Full Version : Evo X MR (Piston Slapping spark plug, Cylinder 2) F**K!

EvoXMRsst
07-24-2012, 09:13 PM
what are some ideas or options i can choose without spending all kinds of $.
i did some research and i heard of debree metal shavings getting in cylinder leading to new pistons and honing bore. much cheaper job than building engine for now?Â* :tickedoff:Â* :-oÂ* :idiot2:

EvolutionXtacy
07-25-2012, 12:38 AM
what are some ideas or options i can choose without spending all kinds of $.
i did some research and i heard of debree metal shavings getting in cylinder leading to new pistons and honing bore. much cheaper job than building engine for now?Â* :tickedoff:Â* :-oÂ* :idiot2:

I'm not goin too lie.... Ur car has a shit ton or problems... U need to forge your engine block pistons n all

amaev05
07-25-2012, 12:03 PM
What? Did you go to rre???

evodriver49
07-25-2012, 01:11 PM
part it out and sell her man :/ pick up a nice healthy stocker. sometimes its smarter to run away from your troubles cause from what it seems, there might be more to come for you...

EvolutionXtacy
07-25-2012, 02:30 PM
need remind u the 4B11 is an aluminum block, so its not as strong as the 4G63 (cast iron block).

and since ur car is in the 400awhp range, your def want to forge your engine block. piston , rods, sleeve, etc

im not expert but thats my opinion

amaev05
07-25-2012, 05:13 PM

EvolutionXtacy
07-25-2012, 05:35 PM

thats what i thought... didn't you go to RRE?

Mike W
07-25-2012, 05:50 PM
Once your car is inspected further you will know better your options.

His car is here @ RRE. It has bad rod knock sounds and one plug is all beat up from something smashing on it.

Right now he has a $2,500 extended warranty with a payout cap of $4,000 that has enough loop holes in it to slide an EVO X sideways through it. Also a used car dealership that seems to care somewhat. But no one has authorized paying to pull the oil pan and cylinder head off to see how bad it is. For sure it isnt going to buff out :-(

He is asking the community here for what his options are. He wants to know if it is possible to stab a used motor in (yes) to build a full on race motor (yes) to buy and install a new dealer short block and fix up the cylinder head (yes) stick a used piston in and slap on a bearing so they can take it to trade in @ CarMax and run (possibly) or put it together with bubble gum and zip ties to sell it cheap (yes). Â*

Anyone have any ideas I have not covered?

Mike W

EvolutionXtacy
07-25-2012, 06:13 PM
Once your car is inspected further you will know better your options.

His car is here @ RRE. It has bad rod knock sounds and one plug is all beat up from something smashing on it.

Right now he has a $2,500 extended warranty with a payout cap of $4,000 that has enough loop holes in it to slide an EVO X sideways through it. Also a used car dealership that seems to care somewhat. But no one has authorized paying to pull the oil pan and cylinder head off to see how bad it is. For sure it isnt going to buff out :-(

He is asking the community here for what his options are. He wants to know if it is possible to stab a used motor in (yes) to build a full on race motor (yes) to buy and install a new dealer short block and fix up the cylinder head (yes) stick a used piston in and slap on a bearing so they can take it to trade in @ CarMax and run (possibly) or put it together with bubble gum and zip ties to sell it cheap (yes). Â*

Anyone have any ideas I have not covered?

Mike W

i refuse to go against ur knowledge :)

evolved13
07-25-2012, 06:32 PM
;)

05-EVO-GSR
07-25-2012, 07:12 PM
Cancel your extended warranty and take the money along with some of your own money and build a motor.