PDA

View Full Version : Clutch sound

vicariousthrill
07-28-2012, 11:40 PM
Hello everyone. Well i've been hearing a sound when being in neutrel and clutch not pushed in. When i push the clutch in the sound goes away. I will provide a link to the sound clip. The car has a aftermarket stage 2 clutch, and i was told its normal for aftermarket clutches to make louder noisesÂ* :-\. Clutch has no slipping drives and catches perfectly. I've read topics regarding it could be the throw out bearing (TOB) or the Input shaft bearing. I was planning in changing the transmission fluid in about 2 weeks hoping that would help. any info will be useful and appreciated.Â* thank you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2S08yKV9Ek&feature=youtu.be

Skiracer
07-28-2012, 11:44 PM
Throwout bearing...

vicariousthrill
07-29-2012, 11:57 AM
should i wait till clutch goes out to replace it?

one4
07-29-2012, 04:35 PM
if your throw out bearing goes out before the disc, u will be stuck in whatever gear u are in... i would replace the whole clutch unless you are doing the labor yourself...

vicariousthrill
09-18-2012, 01:41 AM
I've been reading that this noise could actually be my Input shaft bearing? any input

4G63 FEVER
09-18-2012, 07:14 AM
I've been reading that this noise could actually be my Input shaft bearing? any input

No it's not. It's the throw out bearing. If it was the input shaft bearing it would make noise all the time it's in motion.

Massimo Power
09-18-2012, 08:16 AM
The release bearing is always making some type of noise because it it always attached to the pressure plate. Try just putting a very small amount of pressure like resting your foot on the clutch pedal and see if it goes away. If it does it's most likely just a noisy release bearing. If the noise does not go away until the clutch is fully pressed down, then it could me your input shaft bearing.

It's actually a very common thing for the release bearing to make noise and should be nothing to worry about unless the bearing is old. If you are still worried about it, I'm sure your nearest Evo shop should havens problem checking it out for free.