PDA

View Full Version : 05 galant 2.4L in a Evo 8??

Cr8iv_Skillz
07-31-2012, 08:22 AM
Hey guys, can anyone tell me if a 05 galant 2.4L engine will fit in our evos??

Reason why I ask is my buddy is trashing his engine for a better upgraded engine. Idk what he is upgrading to but I was thinking will it fit mine and he said if it does then hell give it to me no problem...what do u guys think?

Sorry if this is the wrong section I didn't know where this topic would fall

Any comments and concerns are welcomed thanks

Taps
07-31-2012, 08:46 AM
Your a little late for an April fools joke there buddy.

Or are you asking about swapping out bottom ends and just throwing the evo 8 head on?

Cr8iv_Skillz
07-31-2012, 09:55 AM
I'm obviously not gonna do a full swap man but I'm talking about just the black and keeping my head with upgraded cams and all that but I was just asking for the block...I should of put that in there before. If it is possible then I'll take the block and upgrade the pistons and rods ect

evo mr
07-31-2012, 10:20 AM
Yes you can do that but you need water pump adapter and slap on all of the evos accessories look up 4g64 shortblock on evo 8/9 and get more details, its been done

pikadosboy
07-31-2012, 10:32 AM
Youll need to have forge internals on that's block.

Cr8iv_Skillz
07-31-2012, 12:10 PM
Okay so pretty much the bottom line is, I can do that but I would have to just upgrade all the internals on the block correct??

Would it make the same power as a regular 2.4l?

Black Evo Beauty
09-11-2012, 08:10 PM
Okay so pretty much the bottom line is, I can do that but I would have to just upgrade all the internals on the block correct??

no manches way

LakaiorDie
09-11-2012, 10:48 PM

no manches way

^^^ Your post was very helpful.

s.gaspar
09-11-2012, 11:48 PM
I've actually researched this topic and haven't find much on her but that's cause the search feature here sucks... Try EvoM there is lot of info that's easier to find on their site

Black Evo Beauty
09-14-2012, 07:37 PM

no manches way

^^^ Your post was very helpful.
^^^^^ beware gay guy

jamesinger
09-15-2012, 09:01 PM
To the OP, this is covered in the 4G63 book that Robert Garcia worked on when he was at RRE.Â* It is called something like Max Performance 4G63 and it is part of a series.Â* I have a copy in my garage.Â* I got it at that car bookshop in Burbank but I think they have a copy at RRE as well.Â* [http://www.autobooks-aerobooks.com/] or [www.roadraceengineering.com (http://www.roadraceengineering.com)]

From my understanding, the VIII head will fit on the 2.4 block but there is a lot of other stuff you'd have to do to make everything run and perform better than a stock VIII motor + I think you would have to do a full rebuild on the bottom end for it to be better performing and more solid than your EVO block.Â* I think it would be way easier to do a 2.3 build on your existing block but I would be really interested in any posts by anyone who has attempted this on any 4G63t motor...