PDA

View Full Version : evo x - cant unlock doors with fob, handle, or key.

toku-one
08-11-2012, 02:41 PM
basically, i cant get into my car at all. no trunk, no hood, no door...

fob appears to have battery, no idea if the car battery is dead, key does nothing...

what the hell do i do?

cant seem to find any info on this.

help!

KT Motoring
08-11-2012, 02:54 PM
You either have a weak/dead remote battery or a dead car battery. Use your real key inside your SSS remote and attach it to key fob and try to start it. If that doesn't work, its probably you car battery.

toku-one
08-11-2012, 07:25 PM
its a dead car battery.

had to call AAA to get the door open so that i could pop the trunk and charge it.

the key is worthless. cant open the lock or turn the ignition with it if the battery is dead.

superior design.

devolved4g64
08-13-2012, 11:50 AM
Im curious now cause I know there's a real key inside the key fob to let you get in the car in case of a dead battery. Instead you say your key didn't open your door? I'm tempted to disconnect my battery and lock my doors and see if my key works. I havent seen the inside of the evo x door but the key lock still should be connected mechanically to the door lock and should
Atleast be able to unlock one door. Something must be wrong like maybe it's the wrong key for the car( it could happen). Anyone else have this problem too?

Mike W
08-13-2012, 03:28 PM
The hidden key inside the remote will always open the driver's door. Charged battery, dead battery or no battery.

Once inside the car you can pop the trunk with the lever on the floor.

Once you have the battery charged or a good jumper connected, then everythign should work normal.

If the car battery is good but the remote battery is dead or somehow the Fast Key system receivers are whacked, like KT guy said above, you take the key out of the remote and stick it into the remote backwards. It now looks like a prison shank. With the remote hanging off the key's ass you stick it into the ignition and the car starts. The Fast Key in Shank Mode satisfies the anti-theft stuff in the car's anti-theft system.

Mike W

zeRep85RA
08-13-2012, 04:14 PM
The Fast Key in Shank Mode

Mike W

LMAO!

zeRep

devolved4g64
08-13-2012, 05:24 PM
For shitz and giggles I disconnected the battery and locked the doors. Â*The key in the fob unlocked the driver side door. Â*I hate to say this but this might be operator error.

blkside
08-13-2012, 05:48 PM
Mike knows all about the FOB Shank.. its the only way into Jessica until I get the FOBs reprogrammed... Damn FOBs...