PDA

View Full Version : ams short ram intake on 2013 evo x

eveten
09-05-2012, 11:54 PM
is it possible? coz i heard that on 2013 evo x u have to set up or tune the comp or something before putting this intake on or it will damage the comp?

Mike W
09-06-2012, 12:40 AM
When I think back on stuff that I have heard, I try to remember where I heard the stuff so I can remember if it was a trustworthy source. If I heard it from my cat I prolly wouldnt pay much attention to it. If I heard it from someone that tuned EVOs then it would give the story some weight.

I dont think they have changed the comp on the 2013 EVO X. All the comps are still the same from what I heard.

Mike W
:-)

A U R
12-25-2012, 04:15 PM
I'm pretty new as well and wish to start adding parts.Â* Here's what I have learned in my searches.Â*

AMS Performance Intake will require a tune because it is not the OEM size MAF housing.

AMS also states in their product page ;

2008 and 2009 Model EVO X's will not require a tune with the addition of this intake. 2010 and later models will require a custom ECU tune for safe operation when using this intake pipe. Failing to do so can cause issues or damage to your engine.

Some people have done it without a tune, and their evo's threw a CEL. Many people advise against it.