PDA

View Full Version : Power Slot rotors from STOPTECH

socaloc1
09-15-2012, 03:02 PM
I am in need of new front rotors. I read the recommendation on Stop Tech brake pads from here: http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=37&topic=121663.0Â* I went on their website and saw the different types of rotors on their site. Has anyone specificially experimented with the Centric Rotors?

pensport
09-15-2012, 03:17 PM
I been using them, they work fine and are reasonable.. you can go with centrics too

I have tracked with both and no issues

Mike W
09-15-2012, 11:37 PM
We sell them all day everyday. For years now. Both the Powerslot ones and the stockish style Centric ones. Both work great. If you are tracking a lot you will eat through rotors pretty quick. A lot of people just use the cheaper Centric rotor since it is more of a consumable thing.

Mike W

jamesinger
09-19-2012, 07:24 PM
I have had both options. The Centric ones are cool for daily driving and they last for a long time. I had them while living on Mt. Washington. I used to bomb up and down the streets over there and never got too serious of fade or shudder from warped rotors.

The powerslots perform better but are a bit more high maintenance. At the track, I destroy these. After a 2-4 track days they seem to always get warped and shudder in normal driving conditions. However, they perform better than the Centric ones. The only problem with this information I am giving you is I only tracked once with the Centrics. They did hold up fine but since switching to Powerslots, I track a lot more, which clearly destroys all rotors.

in any case, for DD the Centrics worked fine but they did perform less at the track for sure. The powerslots work fine on the streets but I feel they are prone to warpage which = shuddering brakes and in some cases wheel vibrations.

Regardless, these are great products. Either option is better than stock from my experience and definitely better than the no name rotors that came on my car.

Mike W
09-19-2012, 08:01 PM
Except that rotors dont warp.

http://stoptech.com/technical-support/technical-white-papers/-warped-brake-disc-and-other-myths

Mike W

jamesinger
09-19-2012, 11:42 PM
Whatever it is called, them powerslots shake like a beyotch after some track days!!

stormbird
09-20-2012, 10:07 PM
Hey Mike, thanks for posting that link. Most informative read I've had in quite a while! Learn somthin new every day.....

Mike W
09-20-2012, 11:41 PM
I printed it out. James is under my desk reading it right now.

Mike W

jamesinger
09-21-2012, 01:44 AM
I told you not to tell people about under the desk times!!