PDA

View Full Version : tire size

seantranfoo
09-21-2012, 12:39 PM
Hey guys. Had a question about tires... its about time for me to change the stock yokos and looking to a new set :] Been reading posts and whatnot about different tires (federal, v12, rs3, etc). Does it matter if i get the same size as stock (245/40/18). Ive been seeing people post they run higher or lower width / ratio... im curious whats the science behind that? Does it give any edge? Please shed some light. ThanksĀ* O0

speedracer2169
09-25-2012, 03:02 PM
Some searching will get you your answer but if you are running stock rims I would suggest staying with the stock size. Some people believe that wider is better but it's all dependent on what you want. Others change their sidewall profile to change the gear ratios other do it for looks which is stupid to me but to each their own. Research can really go a long way

seantranfoo
09-26-2012, 12:14 PM
Some searching will get you your answer but if you are running stock rims I would suggest staying with the stock size. Some people believe that wider is better but it's all dependent on what you want. Others change their sidewall profile to change the gear ratios other do it for looks which is stupid to me but to each their own. Research can really go a long way

ahhh i see... ill give google a try... was just hoping to find a post on socalevo

thanks. appreciate it.

misterevo8
09-26-2012, 12:56 PM
Im going to get some 245/45/17's for my stock rims.

speedracer2169
09-26-2012, 01:31 PM

ahhh i see... ill give google a try... was just hoping to find a post on socalevo

thanks. appreciate it.

I've posted a good amount of info on here try here

http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=37&topic=35466.0

If you still have questions pm me

speedracer2169
09-26-2012, 01:33 PM
Here some more even though some of the info might be a little outdated

http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=37&topic=22351.0

seantranfoo
09-26-2012, 01:35 PM
ahhhh theres what i was looking for. Alrighty :] thanks