PDA

View Full Version : just curious... alignment

diego88
10-01-2012, 09:20 PM
how often do you guys need an alignment? i use mine as a dd and its starting to pull to the side again after only a year. i used to leave this car for the weekend but i sold my other cars and now im stuck using this car for commuting

4G63 FEVER
10-01-2012, 09:25 PM
Whenever the tires start to show alignment related wear. your pull is a good indicator also. A year is pretty good. The roads out here suck so it's easy for them to get knocked out of spec.

nicklulu
10-01-2012, 09:25 PM
You only need an alignment when the tire wears unevenly (not unless it's expected) or the car pulls left or right.

might also be a tire tread pattern.

are you using asymmetric tire pattern?

diego88
10-01-2012, 09:34 PM
You only need an alignment when the tire wears unevenly (not unless it's expected) or the car pulls left or right.

might also be a tire tread pattern.

are you using asymmetric tire pattern?

asymmetric? im still on the stock yokohamas, and its not just inner camber wear. its also right down the middle of the tires. found out they were that bad when i repainted my wheels. now is there a particular shop where i can go get an alignment. im going to purchase a new set of tires and also some eibach springs so i want to do it as soon as i instal the springs

diego88
10-01-2012, 09:37 PM
Whenever the tires start to show alignment related wear. your pull is a good indicator also. A year is pretty good. The roads out here suck so it's easy for them to get knocked out of spec.

thanks i just wasnt expecting it so soon, ive had several other cars that ive lowered and gotten aligned and they never went out of spec even after a year. only once when i hit a pothole unexpectedly going like 55

speedracer2169
10-02-2012, 09:46 AM
Check your pair pressure rotate your tires. If it still pulls after rotating your tires alignment issue, if it does not pull after the rotation the you may have a radial pull so replace your tires. Alignments should be checked about once a year but honestly unless you hit a pothole or curb checked your car pretty hard then alignments are not really needed. Just rotate your tires every 5,000 miles and look at how they are wearing. Tires are always going to wear on the inside edge unless you have the shop zero out your camber in which your ride will handle like shit.

diego88
10-04-2012, 09:42 PM
ok thanks for the info. now with radial pull as you mentioned in your post, then i would have to replace the tires correct?

speedracer2169
10-05-2012, 08:55 AM
ok thanks for the info. now with radial pull as you mentioned in your post, then i would have to replace the tires correct?

Yes, radial pulls are normally covered under the pro-rated manufacturer warranty from the tire manufacturer however there can be other reasons as well like belt separation can cause it especially if they are completely worn out on the inside edge. For example my right front tire on mine is worn out but my left front is at 2/32 however since the belt is separating it pulls a little to the right. I'm replacing my tires tomorrow but it's always a good idea to inspect your tires once a month when you check your air pressure. And don't forget to check you spares.

8YERV8
10-05-2012, 09:40 AM
Wearing down the center of the tire can be a result of over inflation. Run your tires at the pressure Mitsubishi suggests. That's the pressure your car was tested and performed best at. There's a sticker inside your drivers door with those pressures. I don't know what Mitsubishi recommends for the X.