PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding fender roll

Uscbryan
10-04-2012, 06:40 PM
I was curious about the cost and a good place to go. 2012 Evo. wheels are 18x9.75 with 20 offset on gtworx springs. I'm thinking about 265/35 or 275/35 tires. Hankook rs3(I think that is the model) would I need a pull and roll or just roll and what is the fair going rate to pull them? Any suggestions? I have some camber in the rear but I forget what it is. Not stock but not super aggressive. Thinking -1 or -1.5.

Thanks for the suggestions.

servoz
10-04-2012, 06:48 PM
Muellerized for absolute perfection but its pricey.

Uscbryan
10-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Muellerized for absolute perfection but its pricey.

Yea I called them. They told me about 6 hours at like 90 an hour. I think that seems a little more than pricey. But still researching so maybe that is normal.

Thanks.

servoz
10-04-2012, 07:12 PM
I'm getting pulled at Massimo power next week ill let you know how it goes.

servoz
10-04-2012, 08:20 PM
Kt motoring does good fender work as well, if your in the chatsworth area.

Uscbryan
10-09-2012, 05:12 PM
I'm getting pulled at Massimo power next week ill let you know how it goes.

Did you get them done? If so how did it come out and what was the cost? I got a quote from Muellerized and that won't be happening unless I find a reason they are so special. Thats almost a 4" Intercooler and piping kit! I am not one to go cheap for cheaps sake. But at the same time there has to be a reason I would pay 13x more for something. I want it done right but at the same time if one guy does it at 80 bucks without having to take my suspesnion apart and another wants 700 plus an alignment because they remove a spring to see the travel, I would like to see some justification for it. At this point I am not making a decision and have no problem paying 800$ OUCH if it's better somehow. But if the fenders are rolled without damage and the tires fits without rubbing, what would be the advantage of a 800$ job compared to a 60 to 100 job? Am I paying for the "chance" that one place wont damage the paint? Am I paying for a lifetime warranty?

So far my options are Muellerized for about 800$
And Referal from a freind that has done all his Subbies, Silva and Skylines (I beleive he had those done as well, the Subbie for sure) and my ex's BMW 5 series. All of which I have seen and look perfect) for 60 bucks

I guess the confusion is, you usually don't see that big a price difference in real life for things that are so similar. . I am thinking either the 60$ job is crap and I just didnt see it when I looked at the cars, or the 800$ job is more of the "there is a sucker born every day and lets tell them we need to do all this stuff to show the benifit)

I hate decisions!!

GokuSSJ4
10-09-2012, 06:11 PM
People who recommend shops that do body work in orders fit wheels should post pics of actual" clearance.
Then perhaps the OP can judge who actually does a better job at it.
I've seen some shops perform some terrible fender work, it even makes baby Jesus cry.

luis!
10-09-2012, 06:13 PM
People who recommend shops that do body work in orders fit wheels should post pics of actual" clearance.
I've seen some shops perform some terrible fender work, it even makes baby Jesus cry.

lol

jo3y
10-09-2012, 06:38 PM
baaahha "baby jesus"

Mike W
10-09-2012, 10:00 PM
I think Goku is talking about his baby nephew Jesus.

Mike W

jo3y
10-09-2012, 10:16 PM

Mike W

ohh. Haha. Makes sense now. :-)

SD_Lurker
10-11-2012, 04:39 PM
Muellerized prices are ridiculous. Contact Isaac aka FendaRolla.. He did my bros x and did a great job. He's known for being a good fender roller. I once told him the price muellerized was asking and he about had a heart attack. Its ridiculous to say the least.

SD_Lurker
10-11-2012, 04:43 PM
Yes that's pretty much what your paying for..Muellerized is charging you so much because he knows he's chances of damaging your paint are minimal in his eyes. I'm telling you right now, contact Isaac AKA fendarolla. I got his number if you need it.

CHIGGA73
10-11-2012, 05:00 PM
Let me get this straight, you want to run wide rims/tires and you want to modify your car so this is your thought process:

I'll have someone roll/pull the fenders and hope that they clear. You won't know until you put people in the car and hit some bumps...but i'm sure you'll be ok.

And just in case you are worried and don't want to pull/roll too much and ruin the fenders, you want to change the camber on your suspension to make the tire clear the fenders...so you will make your car drive and handle worse that it should and wear out your tires more that necessary so you will have to rotate more often, or buy new tires more often, only to save some money now. Check.

You make your own decision, but somethings are best not to skimp on and you will benefit in the long run.

Not hating on any shop or anyone. There are plenty of shops out there the do good fender rolling. Is it worth it to pay more and go with Muellerized? I was willing to pay for the peace of mind for my car. In the end its your money, your car, your decision. Just my $.02

AlphaKennyBody
10-11-2012, 05:03 PM
AWDFitted... hands down one of the best and known in the game... Google for contact info. Clearance and all... I mean if the hellaflush guys can go to him, then I'm sure that can qualify.

Uscbryan
10-11-2012, 05:33 PM
Chigga73

Not sure who you were responding to. But I'm still undecided. If its worth 800 bucks then yes. But at the same time this isn't one of those things that has never been done before and there is nothing to compare. If somebody has my same car, tires, wheel offset, camber and springs and they paid 80 bucks for a roll and the tires clear even with the backseat full of line backers, what is the extra 720 they are charging giving me? Again, I'm researching so my question is just a question. It's not meant to be smart a$$. I'm not one to complain over a few bucks. If one place was 80 and the other 150 I might just go with 150. But the difference here is HUGE.

GokuSSJ4
10-11-2012, 07:45 PM

Mike W

WTF little Jesus? Lol nah

GokuSSJ4
10-11-2012, 07:52 PM
Have you try to ask questions?
Crazy thought, but instead to base your judgement solidly on price alone, it just plain silly.
Ask any shop you deal with, what's the process they take on clearing bigger wheels , tires and off set.
Without having a negative on suspension or compromising handling.
If all you want is fenders pulled and rolled over by all means any shop that has a descent knowledge will do.
However, if you want to make sure you clear bigger wheels, by all means ask questions.
How can they guarantee suspension clearance.
At muellerized they take the suspension apart and show you on the spot that clearance will not be an issue.
Aside the fact that they don't cut, weld or hack fenders like some other shops have.Â*
If you can find that cheaper, by all means. Google is your best friend.

Uscbryan
10-11-2012, 08:05 PM
Yea I already spoke with them last week. They explained what they do. I guess I have the answer. Go wherever I feel is best.. Lol I figure I'll keep looking for somebody with my same setup. If they have no problems and had a "cheap" roll I will go there. If they had problems I will go the arm and leg route. If I go the arm and leg route not sure what leg to give, my clutch or throttle leg.

GokuSSJ4
10-11-2012, 08:09 PM
Well I'm currently running 18x9.5+22 with 275/s.
so you will need your throtle leg as you clearly state it.
Check the pics in his sub forum about clearance on X with similar set ups.

itsoem
10-11-2012, 08:20 PM
AWDFitted... hands down one of the best and known in the game... Google for contact info. Clearance and all... I mean if the hellaflush guys can go to him, then I'm sure that can qualify.

Hands down I agree.... I ran 18X10 all around on my IX, Ran 18X10.5 12 off set with 265/35/18 RS3 on my X with no problem... all work down from Albert aka AWDFitted..
Currently running 18X10.5 15 offset with 275/35/18 and no issues as of yet... I've taken many people from to him and everyone has been really happy.

CHIGGA73
10-12-2012, 10:21 AM
Uscbryan, I agree with you to only spend what you need. What is amazing is each car is different will require different amount of work. You can look for a similar set up and they may not have any problems but for some reason yours does. Get it done once, and not worry.

Before I had my fenders worked on, I had 245's on some Rota P45s and any hard bump, or if I had more than 3 people in the car, I would get rubbing and the sound made me cringe every time it happened thinking I am tearing up my fenders and compromising handling etc. I never wanted to drive the car hard, or have friends in it.

I wanted to put 275 R888's on my IX and track the car and not worry about rubbing and not cringe. Did it cost some money? yes, but again, I have never thought about my wheels rubbing, or have worried since. Money well spent.

Keep doing research and good luck with your decision. I replied, cause I've been in your shoes and i'm hoping that my experience can help.

jo3y
10-12-2012, 08:30 PM

Hands down I agree.... I ran 18X10 all around on my IX, Ran 18X10.5 12 off set with 265/35/18 RS3 on my X with no problem... all work down from Albert aka AWDFitted..
Currently running 18X10.5 15 offset with 275/35/18 and no issues as of yet... I've taken many people from to him and everyone has been really happy.
on the 9 what tires size and offset? Have any pics by chance?

AlphaKennyBody
10-12-2012, 08:32 PM
:smitten: :smitten:

GokuSSJ4
10-14-2012, 07:25 AM
^^^^
Last time I check, it required a great amount of body work in order to make those type of wheels and off set fit properly on a ct9.
It's wide body style work to what I'm referring to utilizing the stock fender panels.
The challenge has always been mainly directed towards the rear fenders for the most part. The front can handle it with a couple of adjustments.Â* Depending how aggressive a person might choose to go.

itsoem
10-14-2012, 08:18 AM
Jo3y, I apologize.. the size was 17X10 all around, 18 offset in the front and 28 offset in the rear and I was running 255's all around. If you search my handle you'll find pics.
Thank you

jo3y
10-14-2012, 10:36 AM
Jo3y, I apologize.. the size was 17X10 all around, 18 offset in the front and 28 offset in the rear and I was running 255's all around. If you search my handle you'll find pics.
Thank you
fer sure thanks man. I'm runnin a 17x9.5 +15 with a 255 and I scrape pretty bad. Fonder roll didn't help so I'm wondering how much work it will take to fit properly.

GokuSSJ4
10-15-2012, 06:28 PM
I believe Orlando create it a post a while back showing the amount of labor involve in clearing such a similar off set and size.
Flying Scott I believe is running the enkies 17x10 all around
With 275s
However he has Voltex alike fenders if I recall correctly.

Thank you
fer sure thanks man. I'm runnin a 17x9.5 +15 with a 255 and I scrape pretty bad. Fonder roll didn't help so I'm wondering how much work it will take to fit properly.

jo3y
10-15-2012, 09:23 PM
I believe Orlando create it a post a while back showing the amount of labor involve in clearing such a similar off set and size.
Flying Scott I believe is running the enkies 17x10 all around
With 275s
However he has Voltex alike fenders if I recall correctly.

Thank you

ohh id love to see that thread. Haha. It will probably convince me to sell my wheels though. Haha