PDA

View Full Version : Please help with hid issue

909 WW GSR
10-15-2012, 02:32 AM
Hi guys, noob here hopefully in right place. Here's my problem, I have 2010 x gsr with the SSS package, I bought the car used with 20,000 miles. A few days ago I noticed my driver side hid light was real dim and the passenger side is nice and bright. Is the way hids slowly die out? I noticed it after the rain fell a couple days ago maybe some water got in the wiring? Anyone with hid knowledge can tell me if there's a fix or more about my situation? Also will factory warranty cover the light if it needs replaced? Thanks for any help

ufcgsp27
04-02-2013, 09:23 PM
you still might be covered under warranty. not sure. just call dealer.

ufcgsp27
04-02-2013, 09:24 PM
i have a slight HID issue too, one of my headlights cut off line doesnt match the other... had it checked by the dealer and they found nothing...

Zimbabwe
04-08-2013, 11:45 AM
I am pretty sure there is a recall on these lights due to the mechanical motor burning out or something. Just go to the dealer and say you'd like your headlights to be switched for recall. I had the option to switch mine last time i was in but figured id wait until something breaks.

tomahawk
05-01-2013, 05:11 PM
Yeah I've heard about that recall. I should be going next week and checking that out. Ill let you know if they cover it.

Macky
05-02-2013, 07:25 AM
OP - if you are within the basic warranty period (3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first), headlights should be covered.

the dimming sounds like a ballast problem to me. its almost as if there isn't enough voltage to sustain the discharge arc in the HID bulb.

909 WW GSR
05-14-2013, 02:00 AM
OP - if you are within the basic warranty period (3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first), headlights should be covered.

the dimming sounds like a ballast problem to me. its almost as if there isn't enough voltage to sustain the discharge arc in the HID bulb.

Thanks for the replies guys. Here's the update. Well it turns out if you read mitsubishis fine print and after calling several dealers. They only give 12 month warranty on all bulbs including HID. As far as my situation goes, the previous owner had installed aftermarket HID lights and in the process damaged the area where the bulb clips in. Took the car back to the dealer and they found the same thing but since they sold it to me like that they went ahead and did the repair under the recall after I mentioned it to them. Now I have a brand new headlight .:high5: