PDA

View Full Version : anyone in the av wanna adjust my boost (gm 3 port)

b20accord
12-17-2012, 08:22 PM
Hey guys just wondering if anyone in the av knows how to adjust my boost with ecu flash on a evo x and can adjust my gm 3 port. Long story short the car has been tuned for 25-26psi but im stuck at 22 at peak right now and need to get it back up to where it was when i had it tuned. I will pay you for the adjustment. Thanks!

evodriver49
12-17-2012, 08:42 PM
is there any leaks? did you add a new mod? who was your tuner?

b20accord
12-17-2012, 08:54 PM
It was street tuned by looney tuning We were making runs with the boost at about 25-26 then all of the sudden on one of the runs the boost dropped to only 22. We believed there had to be a small leak somewhere. So i drove home. I swaped all my clamps to t-bolts and found acouple small leaks on my couplers which i fixed leak tested the entire system and found no leaks currently. But my boost is still stuck at 22psi. I have no idea what else it could be and i really dont think anything else could be the issue other then something in the tune got accidently changed. If i dont find anyone closer to my house im just gonna drive back down there. I was just looking for someone closer to help me get it right again.

evodriver49
12-17-2012, 09:09 PM
hmm there must be a problem somewhere unless the weather patterns are messing (doubt it since its colder now). if he flashed it at 25-26 than thats where it should be if everything's healthy. I've been tuned by him for 3 years never a drop i boost like you're experiencing, so if i were you, double check one more time, and if nothing than make the drive down to LBC and have him take care of ya again O0

b20accord
12-17-2012, 09:22 PM
sounds good man. yea its driving me crazy. I get my car tuned and i still don't know what the car feels like with the extra power lol. Ill boost leak test it again this weekend the only thing i can think of that it might be is the bov. It does leak very little all the way from 15 psi to around 25 psi but im not sure if this is the issue since it was such a big drop all of a sudden. Yea he was a excellent tuner really impressed by him. He defiantly has my business.

evodriver49
12-17-2012, 09:29 PM
what bov are you running??

b20accord
12-17-2012, 09:34 PM
stock bov uncrushed

evodriver49
12-17-2012, 09:39 PM
yeah check the clamps holding bov to piping, check lower and upper intercooler piping, check the 3 port vacuum lines, check it all!

b20accord
12-17-2012, 09:52 PM
yea im really thinking the only thing that it could really be is the bov. So im gonna try to plug the bov for a single run to see if it could be the bov leaking. Ive checked everything to 26psi with my tester and im pretty positive i found them all. So im gonna try the bov and see what happens.