PDA

View Full Version : SST cooler setup

Evo-RN
12-18-2012, 03:32 PM
I'm currently setting up my transmission cooler. The decision of running a two series coolers or 2 individual coolers is still tentative. I have to figure out which setup is best for my occasional track use. Here are my questions.

1)Is having an additional oil pump a must for a two series cooler configuration?

2)If No to question 1, then running 1/2 size hose too big? Or is it better to run 3/8 size hose. To me 3/8 size hose look too small.

I want this setup to be optimized and reliable to last the life of the car.

EVO9er
01-10-2013, 02:12 PM
RRE has a proven setup for $700 OTD... I recommend you go see/talk to them as this setup has been proven for road & track abuse O0 It will also make life easier as you can just sit back and relax and not worry about complications of what size hoses, fittings, pump, location, etc.. But if you want to do it yourself, more power to you ;)

deprydation
01-10-2013, 08:22 PM
Agreed with above post. RRE does a great job with anything they do and stand by thier work.

Also you could check out the AMS cooler. I've heard some pretty good things about it also.

HMatt
01-11-2013, 07:38 AM
The RRE setup is two coolers in series and uses the stock pump. I'm unsure of the line size, but if you are a diy guy and want to same some $$$ off of the 700, just call RRE. They will sell you all the parts to do it or at least give you some advice.

FUEL
01-18-2013, 06:06 AM
Buy GSR no need for tranny cooler :buck2: .... but if you must have the Automatic Evo go see RRE ... your life will be much simpler.

go read the RRE forum... Mike W has some interesting info on the SST