PDA

View Full Version : Muellerized Stage 1 Evo X: Review

bigstak
01-05-2013, 07:42 PM
Just upgraded my Evo X GSR suspension a few days ago to the Muellerized Stage 1 Evo X set up and thought I would post a short review. To say that I am very happy would be an understatement! I have ridden on stock for 10K mi and Eibach Pro Kit (with Whiteline RCK, which I kept on the new set up as well -only other suspension mod) for 13K mi and my new set up is just beautiful to sum it up! Goes over bumps like butter and handles so precise. The suspension also somehow feels more planted and stiffer, but more comfortable than either of my previous set ups. John and crew dialed it in nicely and I must say I am honestly impressed with how my car feels. Service was great to top it off! Thanks to Orlando for great customer service and John and crew for making my Evo handle like an Evo should!

I will post some pics below once I get her cleaned up and presentable enough to snap some good shots. Anyhow, anyone looking to make your Evo X handle amazing and ride more comfortably than stock with a mild drop the Muellerized Stage 1 is an awesome package and I am a happy customer! Springs are made by Swift and so far drop is about 1" front and .6" rear, which is about 2 1/2 fingers front and 2 1/4 fingers rear between the tire and wheel well, giving the car a nice aggressive but modest functional drop (for reference - stock is about 5 fingers front 4 fingers back, Eibach Pro Kit is about 1 1/4 finger front 1 1/2 finger rear on my set up). So far with these springs I have had no issues getting over any driveways (I have a steep one, so trust me) and have not scraped or bottomed out on any potholes and bumps. Definitely recommended and Muellerized gets a O0 Thanks again guys!

For reference my wheel and tire set up is Enkei Raijin 18x9.5+15 wheels on 255/40/18 Hankook v12 tires.

nechronius
01-06-2013, 12:34 AM
I had my Evo recently Muellerized with Stage 1 as well. The car feels quite planted and stable. Going from the stock GSR springs though my butt tells me the setup is a bit stiffer. Not that I mind.

They are certainly a knowledgeable crew there and have their way of doing things. But it's hard to argue with the results. Will be returning there for more work once I've gotten fully used to the current setup (i.e. Big Willow).

davey111483
01-09-2013, 03:46 PM
How much was it?

bigstak
01-09-2013, 06:33 PM
^ Springs, install + alignment = ~$740

car feels amazing and it was well worth it!