PDA

View Full Version : Installing Eibach Pro Kit tomorrow (knowledgeable advice)

icyshark
02-01-2013, 09:08 AM
I am going to install Eibach Pro Kit on my GSR tomorrow morning.

I know that there are a lot of knowledgeable people on this forum.

I would prefer not to cut the bump stops just so I can always go back to the stock springs. Does it even matter?

What are tips to get the rear center top nut off? Any advice? Were did you guys jack up the car?

What do you recommend for California roads? Can we do the alignment ourselves?

Thank you so much.

evolved13
02-01-2013, 12:59 PM
You know----Kheim at KT Motoring has a cell phone, and he is a really nice shop owner that could answer those questions...I would offer two humble suggestions though-
1. find out if he recommends a roll-center kit for a drop from a Pro-Kit for a "perfect" drop. andÂ* 2. spend the $110 or so for an alignment from a well-known Evo shop ( I made the mistake early on and the Firestone shop on Beach Blvd/Stark Ave. in H.B. caused $1500 damage to my rear submember.)

Mike W
02-01-2013, 01:04 PM
If you cut the bump stops, you can still run the stock springs again.

If you are asking if doing an alignment yourself is possible, you are not ready and dont have the stuff to do an alignment.

Kind of the same thing goes if asking where to jack up the car. You need an experienced mechanic buddy to ride shotgun on this project with you.

Mike W

icyshark
02-01-2013, 02:35 PM
Thanks for the feedback. How come you got $1500 damage to the rear submember?

Mike W
02-01-2013, 04:16 PM
If gorillas twist the wrong bolts the wrong way back there they will strip out the little ledges and guides that hold the eccentric parts of the camber and toe adjusting bolts away. It is all too common unfortunately and is a lot of hand fabrication to fix back up.

Mike W

evolved13
02-01-2013, 07:01 PM
What Mike said above---------- +11 hours of labor by SCM + rear crossmember + alignment - SoCalEvo.Net discount.

Painful lesson....

icyshark
02-13-2013, 11:32 AM
Hey Mike... Which way are you supposed to twist the bolts then? What is the wrong way and what is the correct way? Are you supposed to loosen the bolt and then adjust the little ledges?

Thanks for your help.

Mike W
02-13-2013, 11:41 AM
Righty tighty and lefty loosey?

I dont have the free keybpard time to write up that DIY process. You need some rather specialized equipment too. I could show you how to do it in about twice the time it takes to actually do it. And you could buy the equipment for double the price it is to have it done. If you are going to be a hard core track guy with coil overs running lots of different tracks throughout the year it would be very worthwhile to pal around with people that know how to do alignments and lend a hand doing it on a couple 10-20 cars to learn how to do it.

Mike W