PDA

View Full Version : Toe Adjustment and Camber Adjustment (Stock)

icyshark
02-06-2013, 02:23 PM
I am familiar with adjusting the camber with flipping the front bolt.

How do you adjust the toe in the front?

How do you adjust the toe in the rear?

How do you adjust the camber in the rear?

Thank you so much,
Mark

icyshark
02-12-2013, 11:35 PM
bump. Nobody is curious about this I guess...

nechronius
02-13-2013, 09:40 PM
Not so much lack of curiosity as much as lack of skill and equipment to get the numbers dialed in, hence the preference to just use a good suspension tuner recommended by the forum.

It should be fairly obvious though if you just look at the suspension setup. For the front, the camber can be slightly adjusted by how you mount the front struts. There isn't a ton of wiggle room there but should be enough to change camber and possibly caster a couple of degrees, but for lots of adjustment you should use camber plates. For toe I'm guessing you would adjust via the front tie (steering) rods.

For the rears I've seen different setups, but on one car the camber could be adjusted by loosening the bolt at the pivot point of the lower suspension arm and then rotating a small metal plate that allowed for a few degrees of adjustment (probably an offset rotating adjustment that moves the pivot point in or out slightly). Your guess would be as good as any for the toe on the rear.

Not going to bother asking WHY you would want to do this on your own, but good luck to you. Spend a few minutes (or hours) under the car and I bet you can figure it out eventually.