PDA

View Full Version : need advice on fitting 18x10.5?

ilovemyx
03-10-2013, 02:06 PM
I love the aggressive look of 18x10.5 but I'm not to sure if I can fit it on my setup. I'm lowered on springs 2 inches in the front 1.75 in the rear, my fenders are rolled. Is their anyway to run this without having to get coils? If not ill probably go 18x9.5. Some advice would be appreciated.

Jdm9
03-10-2013, 10:32 PM
I have 18x10.5+15 rpfs on my X. No problem as long as the rears are rolled.

Darks17
03-10-2013, 11:42 PM
What tire size are you planning to run on the wheels?
I'm 10.5 +22 with 265 35 18 tires and its perfect fit for me. but I'm not on rpfsÂ* :mitsu:

EvOxVahn
03-11-2013, 10:18 PM
I'm 10.5 +22 with 265 35 18 tires and its perfect fit for me. but I'm not on rpfsÂ* :mitsu:

Did you have any of your fenders rolled? and are you on coils?

nechronius
03-12-2013, 03:07 PM
Not sure why having coilovers would make a difference. Coilovers allow your to adjust your ride height, I'm not understanding why they would let you use wider wheels. Is it because coilovers typically use more compact springs that allow you to use wheels with more positive offset?

Darks17
03-12-2013, 04:04 PM

Did you have any of your fenders rolled? and are you on coils?
Yes i rolled my rear fenders and I'm on KW V3's :mitsu:

Rencii
03-15-2013, 06:58 AM
Not sure why having coilovers would make a difference. Coilovers allow your to adjust your ride height, I'm not understanding why they would let you use wider wheels. Is it because coilovers typically use more compact springs that allow you to use wheels with more positive offset?

Coilovers allow you more camber adjustment depending on which ones you get. Camber adjustment will allow you to fit wider setups, but most likely at the cost of tire life (Depending on how herra you really wanna get).

OP you're missing one huge wheel measurement that probably plays the biggest part in fitting any wheel: OFFSET. I have 18x10.5 +27 with 265/35R18 Advan Neova AD08's and they fit perfect with just a light roll in rear. With a light roll, you can also run a +22 with the same tire. If you want to run a +15 with the same tire though, you'll need more fender rolling than what i have.

Please be mindful too, that overall width of each tire is different, even though the section widths are the same. Profile of UHPT tires are generally more square so they are wider from shoulder tip to shoulder tip.

rakeem
03-17-2013, 07:42 AM
^ good info

nechronius
03-17-2013, 10:24 AM

Coilovers allow you more camber adjustment depending on which ones you get. Camber adjustment will allow you to fit wider setups, but most likely at the cost of tire life (Depending on how herra you really wanna get).

I probably should have asked my question a little differently. Extra negative camber would certainly help fit wider wheels at the cost of tire life, I wasn't sure if coilover kits for the Evo X by default came with extra camber adjustment above and beyond what you can normally do. Camber plates would certainly help in this regard, at least for the fronts. I guess it really is a matter of paying attention to what kind of kit you're getting and how much adjustment they allow. Thanks for the answer in any case.

evomarc
03-17-2013, 12:20 PM
I vote 18x10.5 +15.Â* Im on those w/ a 275 and only dropped on eibach springs. Wouldn't have done it any other way, looks perfect imo
oh and only increased the front camber just a little bit.