PDA

View Full Version : Eibach Pro Kit on a 2010 Evo X GSR: Clunking noise on driver side wheel.

democruhcy
03-12-2013, 08:44 PM
I installed the springs about 2 months ago. The car has 13k on it. The clunking happens at low speeds 5-10 mph (traffic). I can feel it on the floor of the car too. I torqued the nut on the stock struts (both) and it went away. It started happening again. I read that the the top hats or strut mounts go bad? Anybody out there have the same problem? Thanks for the help.

diego88
03-13-2013, 07:38 PM
Looks like you and I have the same problem... I didn't even see your posted this before I posted. Have you been able to get rid of the noise?

Rencii
03-14-2013, 02:31 PM
Check your main bolt of the top hat... sometimes they get loose and tightening it up should do it.

garrettquon
03-14-2013, 07:24 PM
Seems to have work for me. I had the clunking issue with on my ix I did what Sam suggested and it seems to have quelled the issue... although it didn't feel like i tightened it down at all? Oh well.

democruhcy
03-15-2013, 10:27 AM
Hey guys. The main bolt on the top hat is the bolt that is in the center when it mounts to the car right? If it is, I tightened it and the noise went away for a week and now the clunking is back. I'm going to take the strut off tomorrow and figure out what's going on. Hopefully it's not the strut mount. The car only has 13k on it! The dealer probably won't cover the cost since I lowered it.

diego88
03-15-2013, 05:14 PM
Hey guys. The main bolt on the top hat is the bolt that is in the center when it mounts to the car right? If it is, I tightened it and the noise went away for a week and now the clunking is back. I'm going to take the strut off tomorrow and figure out what's going on. Hopefully it's not the strut mount. The car only has 13k on it! The dealer probably won't cover the cost since I lowered it.

Did you happen to cut your bumpstops? I didn't so if anyone also running these springs that cut the bump stop have the same problem with the noise?

evoX600RR
03-15-2013, 10:01 PM

Did you happen to cut your bumpstops? I didn't so if anyone also running these springs that cut the bump stop have the same problem with the noise?

I have the same set up than u, I didn't cut the bump stops but I don't have any noise

diego88
03-15-2013, 11:49 PM
Yeah I already tightened down everything but now its a really faint squeak lol I think I'm just gonna get coilovers instead