PDA

View Full Version : SST Question Between Shifts

xevoxx
03-18-2013, 06:01 PM
Hello. First of, I tried searching but nada. Anyways, quick question regarding SST shifting. Car has been tuned and it's been running fine for awhile. Put gas the other day (chevron) and for some reason, every time I'm partial throttle and shift at around 4-5k, the car seems to bog or like pull back feeling. WOT, can is strong and shift are smooth.

Not sure if I'm explaining this correct but if you guys with SST share some insight if this is normal, I would greatly appreciate it :)

Oh and no, I don't shift regularly at 4-5k. Merging to freeway and about 50% on the throttle.

Thanks!

A U R
03-18-2013, 06:17 PM
Are you talking about like a really short pause?

Just happens sometimes in my experience. Not like I'm running hard or anything. 2012 MR with only 9,000 miles. Never driven her hard really.

xevoxx
03-18-2013, 06:57 PM
you could call it a pause probably. More like, you hear the intake sucking in air and then you shift, and a split second, feels like boost is gone and you get pulled back like you hit the rev limiter then shifts.

Mike W
03-18-2013, 07:26 PM
Fuel wouldnt really change something like that. If you think it is fuel related all you need to do is burn your tank and then get gas somewhere else and see if things go back to normal. Otherwise check your BOV and all over as possible under your hood. Your tuner would probably be happy to go for a ride with you and give an opinion. In person would be best. Only so much a description like this can do over the internets.

Mike W

xevoxx
03-19-2013, 07:32 AM
no bov....intake and catback exhaust. It's like what the guy said on top, a short pause then the clutch will bite hard on it. Only happens on partial throttle and not wide open.

I guess it be best to have the tuner sit in the car and check it out.

Car has been running like a champ but just recently this happened.

I know for a fact that SST tables were not tampered.

deprydation
03-20-2013, 11:56 AM
Mike is talking about your stock BOV/Recirculation Valve/Bypass Valve. Whatever you prefer to call it. Maybe a hose is pinched or perhaps cracked or blew off. Always a good idea to zip tie or clamp any lines that deal with boost pressure.

There are a few other variables you didn't explain either.

Were you in Normal/Sport/S-Sport?

Manual shifting or automatic?

Your tuner gave you some nice engine maps but didn't adjust clutch ramp rate to compensate for added power?

Also, have you changed your fuel relay? How many miles on the car?

http://www.sspperformance.com/product/black-fuel-relay

http://roadraceengineering.com/blog/?p=2930#more-2930

xevoxx
03-20-2013, 03:26 PM
Car is about 5k. I always drive in manual because auto usually shifts so damn lame. Manual normal 30% of the time and manual Sport 70% of the time.

Automatic, it will do the same and even worse because the car start to build boost at down low and when it shifts at 3-5k, it feels like the sensation you get when you hit rev limiter. No slippage, like the boost will go away and when it shifts, boost goes on like nothing happened.

I will check all the lines and actually taking it to Massimo to check all the lines and leaks because after the tune, the car ran like a champ. Even on wide open, the car pulls really nice and smooth....just recently this happened. =(

I also posted on evom just to get some opinion and there are some people that states something about timing and linked me to another forum.

http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62167

If everything checks out with Massimo, then tuner I go.