PDA

View Full Version : Help selecting springs and bars for 2012 x

61SRL
03-20-2013, 05:20 PM
I'm sure its been beat to death but I'm new on here and couldn't find what were looking for. Bought my son a 2012 X yesterday and looking for a spring kit to lower the car 1"- 1.5 but still have a somewhat decent ride. Would like it to be a performance upgrade not just lowering spring. What sway bars would some of you recommend to compliment the springs. Can't afford coilovers right now for him but maybe later. Thank you for your input.

nechronius
03-20-2013, 05:46 PM
What city/region are you located in? There are several reputable shops scattered about the southland, and the recommendation could be swayed based on which one may be closest to you.

Consensus seems to be Swift springs are among the best, but they don't drop the car as much as some people like, less than an inch. I use Swift R springs with Eibach sway bars (Muellerized Stage 1+) and it's at a perfect point for me for cost to performance. Great daily driver but sufficiently track capable without spending more than double for coilovers.

Your alignment is also a big part of the equation, so if you do buy the parts and do it yourself, don't forget to get an alignment from one of the recommended shops.

61SRL
03-20-2013, 09:17 PM
We own an automotive and marine repair so we could install and align it, but just aren't sure what kind of springs and bars that would give the look, ride and handling were looking for. It did seem to me that the swift spec r springs were it but they dont lower the car at all .

Azian
03-20-2013, 09:27 PM
swift springs and a robispec rear sway bar :)

FUEL
04-21-2013, 04:50 PM
Swift Springs , Whiteline makes great stuff for the Evo X ...our Evo has every Whiteline component on it right now.

Having your own shop will cut down on costs.

Hit up RRE they can get you the springs and Whiteline parts

Www.roadraceengineering.com

jangvt
04-27-2013, 04:44 PM
eibach pro kit and hotchiks sway bar for the rear