PDA

View Full Version : Cobb AP stage 1 91 v4oo with a K&N drop in?

btack
03-20-2013, 10:25 PM
Anyone running the stage 1 91 v400 with a K&N drop in filter? Which map would you recommend running with a K&N drop in filter?

amaev05
03-21-2013, 05:57 AM
Do you already have a AP? Beacuse if you haven't already wasted your $ then forget everything you said. And go see road race engineering. They are in the vendor section.

evo_jfa
03-21-2013, 08:43 AM
Do you already have a AP? Beacuse if you haven't already wasted your $ then forget everything you said. And go see road race engineering. They are in the vendor section.

+1
other just follow Stage 1 recommendations. It's a generic tune AP. Drop-in filter, I prefer keep stock tune.

nechronius
03-21-2013, 09:53 AM
I just checked Cobb's website and they don't list an Accessport for a 2013 GSR yet.

If you already own an Accessport, did you contact Cobb and specifically confirm that it's ok to use their device on your 2013 X GSR? If not, then you are not following their recommendations and will truly have no leg to stand on if something happens to your car.

If you really want to get a tune anyway, contact one of the fine tuners available on the forum.

btack
03-21-2013, 12:00 PM
I just checked Cobb's website and they don't list an Accessport for a 2013 GSR yet.

If you already own an Accessport, did you contact Cobb and specifically confirm that it's ok to use their device on your 2013 X GSR?Â* If not, then you are not following their recommendations and will truly have no leg to stand on if something happens to your car.

If you really want to get a tune anyway, contact one of the fine tuners available on the forum.

btack
03-21-2013, 12:02 PM
yes the AP is available for the 2013 EVO GSR. They are still running beta maps right now but OTS maps should be out sometime in the near future. We're only a few months into 2013, Obviously the reason cobb has been kind of slow to update software for the EVO community is because their sales for evo customers probably is as high as it is for subaru and BMW's right now. Pretty sure this is a business decision that comes down to sales #'s.

Keep in mind that there are way more WRX's and BMW's which means more Cobb sales for those cars. Obviously I don't like this fact but it is true that there are way less evo's on the road than those other vehicle's. Hopefully Cobb will keep it's good relationship with the mitsubishi community and continue to bring us good products in the future
:knuppel2:

nechronius
03-21-2013, 06:33 PM
Ok, so they have one, just not officially and they only have beta maps at the moment due to low volume. I'm sure they'll get things worked out.

Switching maps though just by replacing the stock panel air filter? Well if a Cobb map is available for that, then why not. Probably still get at least a good 20 extra hp from it.

raygrant
03-24-2013, 12:36 PM
nope

btack
04-07-2013, 07:01 PM
Ok, so they have one, just not officially and they only have beta maps at the moment due to low volume. I'm sure they'll get things worked out.

Switching maps though just by replacing the stock panel air filter? Well if a Cobb map is available for that, then why not. Probably still get at least a good 20 extra hp from it.

haha, 20hp might be pushing it just a little, but when I put in a K&N panel I definitely felt the difference