PDA

View Full Version : Cobb AP Beta maps 2013. All systems go

btack
03-24-2013, 05:06 PM
I've been running the AP with the new beta maps for my 2013 evo x gsr. So far as long as I follow cobbs instructions on which parts to use I've been getting nice consistent data logs. tried using a k&n drop in and it was a fail!. Stick to what cobb says. Trust me

nechronius
03-24-2013, 05:31 PM
The Cobb AP gives a description of what a particular map does.

You indicated that you were running bone stock except for a drop-in filter. Does Cobb have a map that specifically covers that? If so, what does it describe itself as doing? A little more boost? I am assuming that even so close to stock Cobb still provides at least a small boost in power.

btack
03-25-2013, 12:29 PM
The Cobb AP gives a description of what a particular map does.

You indicated that you were running bone stock except for a drop-in filter. Does Cobb have a map that specifically covers that? If so, what does it describe itself as doing? A little more boost? I am assuming that even so close to stock Cobb still provides at least a small boost in power.

Yeah the guys at cobb actually told me that running a k&n drop in should be fine with the stage1 v400 map. I was getting a little knock so I just decided to go back to bone stock. Maybe if I let my ecu get used to the drop in it would've been fine. Just not willing to risk it with my new car.

As to your question. there is no specific map for a drop in filter with the new 2013 evo x gsr's

nechronius
03-26-2013, 04:18 PM
That's cool. I just wanted to know if they provided any sort of increased power map for a stock/near stock vehicle. But obviously if they provided no such benefit for a stock vehicle then the purchase of a Cobb AP would be pretty meaningless.

btack
03-26-2013, 04:45 PM
Yeah man, that's the whole point of changing your ecu map. More power