PDA

View Full Version : Question....... "New Replies to Threads link"

AlphaKennyBody
03-31-2013, 10:28 PM
So on the old layout there was "See New Replied Threads" or whatever it was up top.... Is that "link" or "feature" no longer available on the new layout.... It would be a bit tough to find what thread I posted in especially if the Thread Title got changed.....

Anyways, So How do I find my the new replies section?

Mike W
03-31-2013, 11:15 PM
I too am missing this link.

Mike W

drmosh
03-31-2013, 11:17 PM
There's a new posts button on top, also you can use the What's New section to see what threads were replied to recently... you can also subscribe to threads now...

4G63_EVO
03-31-2013, 11:20 PM
There's also a subscribed threads section

kambodianboi
03-31-2013, 11:25 PM
There's a new posts button on top, also you can use the What's New section to see what threads were replied to recently... you can also subscribe to threads now...
The available New Post link provides all new thread/post from their last visit. What they are referring to is that on the old setup of SMF, there was a link that would show new replies to Threads they posted in.

On this particular version of vBulletin, the feature is there, but seems that the search cache is buggy as hell. You can manually query the search in Advanced Search.

Do the following...
Go to Search (http://www.socalevo.net/search.php?search_type=1)
Fill it out like this, with your username.
Then at the bottom left, select Save Search Preference, and click Go.
Then feel free to search.

This is the same concept as the New replies since last visit. Just lamer.
http://i.imgur.com/8Ip4hSv.png

drmosh
03-31-2013, 11:28 PM
The search cache is rebuilding so it should be good once it's done... probably in like an hour or so... maybe less...

4G63_EVO
04-01-2013, 12:49 AM
I just goto quick links>Subscribed threads and everything that I posted in with new replies appears, working so far for me!

HMatt
04-01-2013, 04:52 AM
Yeah... you can do ^that... A little button at the top like the old set up would be great though... That's all I used to operate on.

AlphaKennyBody
04-01-2013, 08:53 AM
Yeah... you can do ^that... A little button at the top like the old set up would be great though... That's all I used to operate on.

LOL I would login and check the homepage for most recent replies... then I would click the link for "New Posts in threads you replied in" and then off SCE I went. Browsing the forum... "Ain't Nobody Got Time Fo' Dat!"

JK

I just goto quick links>Subscribed threads and everything that I posted in with new replies appears, working so far for me!

Yeah I know about the ^..... but I'm still looking for my previous threads like stuff I would post frequently post in..... I would have to find them all now or view my last posts and just post something random for it to be seen in the Subscribed Threads link. But thanks =)

4G63_EVO
04-01-2013, 12:56 PM

same here =[

Mike W
04-01-2013, 06:40 PM
LOL I would login and check the homepage for most recent replies... then I would click the link for "New Posts in threads you replied in" and then off SCE I went. Browsing the forum... "Ain't Nobody Got Time Fo' Dat!"

Yes, that. That is what i need. Where is my link for that there thing. Is how it used to work, I need it to work that way again.

Mike W

drmosh
04-01-2013, 06:44 PM
Yes, that. That is what i need. Where is my link for that there thing. Is how it used to work, I need it to work that way again.

Mike W

[/COLOR]

The new forums do not have the old logs of what you read or followed... so you need to subscribe to whatever threads you want to see the replies to. Under Quick Links is a variety of more powerful options compared to the old forum that you can take advantage of...

Mike W
04-01-2013, 07:36 PM
OK, so posting in a thread automagically subscribes me. View subscribed threads is my new view replies to my posts button.

Mike W

AlphaKennyBody
04-02-2013, 08:36 AM
On a good note..... there were some Lame threads that I've posted maybe a +1 or a lol or something like that haha... I'm glad they dont show up in the new Subscribe thread thing. I kinda like the new format..... just gotta get use to the change.

Coolguy949
04-02-2013, 10:50 AM
Your user options will let you fine tune your notification settings like how often to receive an email notification when someone replies. For really active threads you might want to get a weekly or daily email with all the replies instead of every time. The beauty of our new platform is that it has a ton of flexibility.