PDA

View Full Version : Private Messages issue - PLEASE READ ASAP

Coolguy949
04-09-2013, 10:41 AM
SCE community,

Over the last week we've received several reports of members seeing the PMs of other members in their PM inbox. Obviously this causes a lot of concern for us. In a test environment, we've re-run the conversion from the old SCE to this new software with similar results. 10 years worth of PMs and some apparently corrupted data are screwing up the migration tool, leading to this issue. As a result, we will be clearing the PM inbox of all users on Thursday, 4/11. Old and new PMs will be wiped. Not all is lost though. Please read below.

The good news is that we've enabled an archive of "old SCE" for users to log in and see their PMs prior to March 30th, when we migrated the site over. Several users have asked that we provide a way for them to access their pre-migration PM inbox. Unfortunately any PMs between 3/31 and 4/10 will be wiped systematically.

Access your pre-3/30 PMs here: http://oldwww.socalevo.net/forum (use your old SCE login username and password)

On behalf of the SCE team, we apologize for this inconvenience. It really sucks that we had this issue as most everything else went smoothly. We hope you can understand and join us in looking forward to what the new SCE platform brings for our community.

If you have any questions, please reply to this thread.

Rob

Macky
04-09-2013, 03:31 PM
Having that archive helps. Thanks guys!

Mike W
04-09-2013, 03:39 PM
It is pretty much the full old site. Everyone should use the opportunity to go through your old posts and use it to fix cross links within SCE and recover any attachments (dyno charts etc) in the same post on the new site. Any helpful answer you made in the old site that was linking to a helpful post, the link now is broken in the new site. I see a lot of attachments within posts that could also be fixed up.

Mike W

Coolguy949
04-09-2013, 03:45 PM
Mike, great thinking. We'll keep the archive up as long as possible.

Pure EvoIX
04-10-2013, 07:57 AM
So the new site pm box will be wiped right on 4/11? The old site pm box will remain intact?

Coolguy949
04-10-2013, 08:39 AM
That's correct. ALL PMs on this new site will be wiped tomorrow. Anyone wanting to access their PMs from before the migration can do so by visiting the archive SCE site.

evo_jfa
04-10-2013, 10:01 AM
Thanks guys to bring us that option... just in case someone having dificult time to access PM, click arrow next to Home button for users with shrink view.

than you will have the link to access old messages...

HMatt
04-11-2013, 07:48 AM
Didn't there used to be an export button on the old site? or am I loosing my mind?

4G63 POWER
05-04-2013, 08:58 AM
My pm's are working fine, except for the fact that I am not getting an email when I get new pm's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coolguy949
05-05-2013, 11:41 AM
My pm's are working fine, except for the fact that I am not getting an email when I get new pm's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That can be adjusted in your settings. Click "Settings" on the top right of the website.

01GtCrazyKid
05-05-2013, 08:49 PM
i just noticed that when i send pms out it does not show in "Sent Items"

chinoxmk22
05-05-2013, 09:43 PM
i just noticed that when i send pms out it does not show in "Sent Items"
weird, works for me

GokuSSJ4
05-06-2013, 05:21 AM
Did you check under settings? Under
Keep a copy on your out box or sent folder?
You have to in able in order to view out going messages.