PDA

View Full Version : short throw

Dan33man
04-10-2013, 10:21 PM
Hey guys thinking of getting a short throw for my 2010 GSR and i was just wondering if theres any good brands that wont kill my tranny? Thanx!

ghiller
04-18-2013, 08:32 AM
I have the TWM short shifter kit with the underhood bushings and their Big Type R shift knob and really like it. Works also offer a very similar kit, have a search around on here and evom and you'll find plenty of info and comparisons between the two. In the end i think they are pretty similar, I went with the TWM as they were offering a good deal...absolutely no regrets.

BTW, in no way will they affect your tranny.

Crom
07-22-2013, 02:52 PM
I have the works w/ the AMS gate selector and bushings.... about 4k miles to break in the selector. but so nice now.

HMatt
07-23-2013, 05:09 AM
Before you go spending money on an entire short shifter, just get a set of shifter cable bushings (under hood and on shifter), and solid mounts for the shift assembly itself. It's cheap, and for a lot of people it improves shifting and throw enough on the X's that they don't get a short throw. Also, since you are just makind squishy stuff solid, you don't have to worry about killing your tranny.