PDA

View Full Version : '10 X MR, Ventilated Rotors and Break pads recommendations

tekila.ska
04-18-2013, 10:37 PM
Hey guys I have a 2010 Evo X MR. my rotors are soon to be changed, (Mitsubishi dealer recommendation -_- !!!!) as well as my break pads, I have read and heard StopTech Street Performance Brake Pads are the way to go...but I wanna add some ventilated rotors to that... any recommendations/ideas?

GokuSSJ4
04-19-2013, 09:10 AM
It comes down to budget, how much are you willing to spend?
That will be your determining factor. Contact road race, they happen to be a stop-tech dealer.
You have plenty of options out there.

Macky
04-19-2013, 09:12 AM
the stock rotors are internally vented/ventilated. chances are, if you just buy OEM-style rotors from just about anywhere, the rotor will be vented/ventilated. the holes along the top rim of the rotor are the vent holes.

if anything, your main concern/choice would be to either go with a one-piece rotor or a two-piece like the OEM rotor. main difference between the two is that the OEM two piece rotor (unlike the front rotors on the GSR) has an aluminum rotor "hat" that allows the outer main rotor to expand and contract due to heat independently of the hub center, which bolts to the car.

the one piece on the GSR will likely fit no problem, and would probably be a bit cheaper. you just have to match a good set of streetable pads and you're good to go.

tekila.ska
04-19-2013, 11:00 PM
the stock rotors are internally vented/ventilated. chances are, if you just buy OEM-style rotors from just about anywhere, the rotor will be vented/ventilated. the holes along the top rim of the rotor are the vent holes.

if anything, your main concern/choice would be to either go with a one-piece rotor or a two-piece like the OEM rotor. main difference between the two is that the OEM two piece rotor (unlike the front rotors on the GSR) has an aluminum rotor "hat" that allows the outer main rotor to expand and contract due to heat independently of the hub center, which bolts to the car.

the one piece on the GSR will likely fit no problem, and would probably be a bit cheaper. you just have to match a good set of streetable pads and you're good to go.

so pretty much I should just buy the OEM MR ones along with the street tech pads and that would do to a DD and one or two canyon run? ^_^

Macky
04-20-2013, 12:25 AM
you cant go wrong with OEM. but if you can get the rotors cheaper aftermarket that's fine too. if anything, to improve braking feel, upgrading your lines and fluid should be your next step. :)

Ernesto R
04-30-2013, 11:31 PM
I have some slightly used 2013 MR 2 pc rotor in the for sale section for 350