PDA

View Full Version : AYC pump failure...

jisam
05-01-2013, 02:37 PM
anyone in socal had bad AYC pump and replace them ?

I think AYC pump failure is common problem in general area which has ice cold winter.....

just wondering how many AYC pump gone bad in socal.. : )

Sev
05-01-2013, 09:54 PM
In SoCal, I'm not exactly sure. But I know people on EvoM complain about the pump going bad. I'm assuming this is for an X.

fimotorsports
05-01-2013, 10:57 PM
have seen the failures on 8's and 9's here and there

Macky
05-01-2013, 11:44 PM
have seen the failures on 8's and 9's here and there

only the X has AYC. maybe you mean ACD pump.

**moved to Evo X drivetrain forum.

timebomb
05-06-2013, 02:43 PM
In SoCal, I'm not exactly sure. But I know people on EvoM complain about the pump going bad. I'm assuming this is for an X.

Same here. Those AYC pump failure threads on EvoM scared me a bit haha.

richie_fongster
10-02-2013, 12:15 AM
South Coast Mitsubishi told me mine was going out...but I have a feeling they just want my money. Been meaning to take it to Massimo or RRE and have them double check before i spend $2k on replacing it.

evoX600RR
10-02-2013, 08:57 AM
Thats an expensive repair

Rencii
04-15-2014, 04:50 PM
necro bump! Only cuz i'm getting that the dreaded light that indicates pump failure... have yet to take it to the dealer to get it read since my OBD2 reader doesn't pull anything. Anyone else here in socal getting it? Mine kinda goes on and off randomly day by day....

richie_fongster
05-06-2014, 05:07 PM
I think i read on EvoM, that if it goes on and off then it is a sign that the pump is starting to go bad. I may be wrong though. Mine just went on last night for the first time but hasn't come on at all today. I'm hopefully taking it to Massimo Power this weekend to get it all worked out. I'll update later.

Rencii
05-07-2014, 08:58 AM
mmm thats how mine started. took it to the dealer last week and they confirmed it being the pump. They even tried flushing out the system, changing the fluid and resetting the code... light still went off when i got the keys back =( anyone know of anyone who can do a rebuild with the $200 dollar kit? would rather pay 5 hours of labor + 200 bucks than 5 hours of labor + 1400 dollar pump...

Richie if you do find out that your pump is dead, fill out a complaint on the NHTSA recall/complaint website... there are complaints on there for the same thing, but we're gonna need more if NHTSA is going to pursue Mitsu corporate to force a recall.

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

richie_fongster
05-07-2014, 12:38 PM
rencii, are you getting the ASC light? or does your screen read "4wd system service required"?

Rencii
05-08-2014, 08:56 AM
4wd system Service Required.

Ontario Mitsu confirmed the code as C161E from that error light, which from other people's experiences on the forums means the pump is dead.

richie_fongster
05-12-2014, 12:29 AM
hmm thats what i have too, well took i to massimo power and it doesn't seem to be my pump failing but they couldn't access my ECU because of the last recall put my car into some sort of "safe" mode. so i have to go to the dealership and ask them to reset my ecu which should hopefully clear my code.

4wd system Service Required.

Ontario Mitsu confirmed the code as C161E from that error light, which from other people's experiences on the forums means the pump is dead.

Rencii
05-13-2014, 09:10 AM
If you're in the IE... the guys at Ontario mitsu/subaru are pretty cool. The Service Manager Brandon tried to help me out, but Mitsu corporate was the problem.

Funny thing is my light turned off on sunday and the car has been driving fine since then lol. Betting it'll come back on in the next day or two.

richie_fongster
05-15-2014, 12:04 PM
Did he reset the ECU for you too? I just went to South Coast Mitsubishi and the service manager there said they can't reset it for me...I would go to Ontario but it is a pretty far drive for me. My car drives perfectly fine it just has the code on all the time..

If you're in the IE... the guys at Ontario mitsu/subaru are pretty cool. The Service Manager Brandon tried to help me out, but Mitsu corporate was the problem.

Funny thing is my light turned off on sunday and the car has been driving fine since then lol. Betting it'll come back on in the next day or two.

Rencii
05-15-2014, 02:23 PM
Yeah they told me they did and also on the write-up that they gave me it said they changed, flushed and bled the system, then reset the code but as soon as i started it after receiving the keys, the light turned on again.

low and behold yesterday it turned back on lol.

richie_fongster
05-16-2014, 05:02 PM
did they charge you for it?

Rencii
05-16-2014, 07:02 PM
They charge to run the diagnostic. 106 bucks. In that 106 bucks though they said they would fix it if they could in that price range, so they did the labor i listed above.

richie_fongster
05-18-2014, 11:25 AM
I'll have to try Ontario then...I just really need my ECU reset from them, and South Coast of course wouldn't do it.

HMatt
05-19-2014, 05:56 PM
I wonder if there is a way to bypass the AYC system completely instead of trying to fix it... I mean, the ralliarts don't have it, but have most of the other X goodies.

EvoX406
07-23-2014, 09:18 PM
I created a diy shield to block it from the elements and debris. You can also relocate it to your trunk.

EvoX406
07-23-2014, 09:19 PM
No problems so far. Knock on wood!

Sambo99
01-23-2015, 01:03 PM
Mitsu just sent out a TSB 14-22-005 saying they are extending the warranty on the AWC hydraulic unit from "failure due to corrosion" to 10/100k. The TSB also states you can get reimbursed if you've had to pay for this repair and kept the documentation.