PDA

View Full Version : Possible Tranny problems

Burner870
05-22-2013, 02:22 AM
I've noticed within the past 2k miles on my car when trying to shift at a normal speed into 5th, my gears always grind. To stop this I have to engage the cluth and wait for the engine to idle down. (If shifting from 4th to 5th @ 4k rpms I have to let it idle down to about 2.5-3k for it not to grind) I was wondering if anybody else has this issue and possible reasons why it started doing this. Every now and then it will do it going into 3rd gear, but I'm pretty sure that's just me not fully engaging the clutch. Could upgrading to SS clutch line possibly fix this or adjusting the clutch cable? Thanks for the replies. The car is just the standard model Evo IX with 68k miles.

HMatt
05-22-2013, 05:29 AM
Sounds to me that your clutch isn't fully disengauging. First thing I would do is adjust that.

one4
05-23-2013, 08:35 PM
mine does it too... and my old 9 did it as well lol. Only going into 5th at high rpms though.

BabyEvo69
05-26-2013, 06:33 PM
yes adjust the clutch pedal first its easy!
http://www.evomoto.com/tech_info.php?tech_id=28

06socalevo
08-27-2013, 09:29 AM
I rebuild the trans all time its comon for 5th and 3rd to grind its normilly in the trans what happens is the syncro doesnt slow the gear down fast enuff witch will cause a grind let me know if u need help

evolution8mirage
08-27-2013, 09:43 AM
Yes I have the same issue but I was told synchros are going out. I've had it like that for 3 years and haven't had to replace the tranny. But I'm looking at a rebuild already lol. I let the rpms did down though to expand the life of it as much as I can lol