PDA

View Full Version : Need a Good Alignment Shop (other than West End)

endGameXIII
07-05-2013, 05:56 AM
I wanted to go to a place that has an alignment machine, particularly to tell me what my alignment specs are. West End was great, but I never knew what my final specs were. Plus, I only wanted to get it to factory specs, so I don't think a trip to West End is warranted, either way. However, a problem I've noticed is that a lot of alignment places have no idea that the X has offset bolts for adjusting camber. They would simply tell me "oh you need camber plates or control arms" when I'm off by maybe .3 degrees. I plan to go to evasive motorsports to get my next alignment done, but I haven't heard of any feedback from people about their alignment jobs, so I'm iffy about it. Is there another place you folks would recommend?

apex_kurt
07-05-2013, 06:38 AM
I'm not sure where you are located but Racewerkz Engineering does alignments by hand and all their alignments are track proven to be performed extremely well. I didn't get my alignment done there, so I couldn't tell you about my car or anything, but I know some people that have and they were nothing but satisfied. Racewerkz is located in Irwindale.

artinist
07-05-2013, 09:28 AM
Mossimo Power. and its only $80

Treyzian
07-05-2013, 09:39 AM
That's weird. At West End, I've always either requested specific alignment specs to be performed, or Chris/Darin would tell me what he recommended and performed. Either way, I still recommend West End, or Muellerized.

EndlessOne
07-05-2013, 09:48 AM
Massimo Power. Have gilbert setup your suspension. he will answer all your questions. you wont regret it.

Evoegg
07-05-2013, 02:39 PM
Westend my first pick,
or try Andrew @ islandtires Pasadena.

endGameXIII
07-05-2013, 04:57 PM
Ah I should have mentioned - I'm in the Arcadia / SGV area. I'm willing to drive anywhere, really - as long as the tuners know what they're doing. Again, West End was a good place, but all I want is factory specs, nothing more. I just need someone knowledgeable about the X to get it done right instead of spewing BS about how camber's not adjustable.

In case anyone's wondering why I'm so specific - a long time ago, I rode over one of those parking curbs on the passenger side at around 5 mph. Speed wasn't the problem; rather, I am afraid the torque used plus the curb might have bent something ever so slightly out of spec. My camber on the passenger side on both wheels are off by .5 degrees, while the driver side is off by .2 degrees at worst. A few weeks ago I noticed the passenger front tire has been worn down to the steel belt. Again. Even after alignment after alignment. The offset bolt is already set at the lowest possible, and I'm still off by .5 degrees. I'll be getting some Fortune Auto 500 coils which can help me fix the camber issue, but in addition to possibly finding something slightly bent, I need my next alignment to be done by people who know what they're doing, before another tire decides to bite the dust, or another alignment guy telling me how it's "not adjustable."

Although the front looks to be too far out of specs, the rear camber bolt should be able to accommodate, but it looks like it's never been touched, which made me wonder if the previous guys doing their alignment actually know what they're doing or what it is I want.

Evoegg
07-05-2013, 05:14 PM
Try, Andrew @ Island Tires @ Pasadena

off Colorado Blvd n San Gabriel.

Ask for Andrew himself owns Evo VIII too. And he'll sure do a good job!

Treyzian
07-05-2013, 05:27 PM
Evo's alignment from factory is terrible :x

endGameXIII
07-05-2013, 11:13 PM
Evo's alignment from factory is terrible :x

oh yes...no secret there. i'm afraid my problem may go a little beyond factory specs; i've got to be prepared for the worst.

jo3y
07-06-2013, 10:53 AM
Massimo Power. Have gilbert setup your suspension. he will answer all your questions. you wont regret it.

This .

Crom
07-21-2013, 12:47 AM
Just had my Ohlins installed and aligned by Corner3 garage in Lake Forest.. Just moved into a new facility w/ a ground flush alignment lift...

RAC
07-21-2013, 03:06 PM
Firestone life time alignment 169.99