PDA

View Full Version : Possible alternative to Mitsubishi Diaqueen SST fluid

Macky
08-15-2013, 09:46 AM
http://www.blauparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=J1D2111-C

Ravenol DSG transmission fluid is designed for use in Audi 0B5 series 7 speed direct shift gearbox (DSG) double clutch transmissions. Consult your service manual and confirm the specific fluid requirements for your model.

1 Liter Bottle (1.06 Quart). Mfd By Ravenol in Germany. Ravenol DCT/DSG is a synthetic transmission fluid designed for the Audi 7 speed DSG S-tronic transmissions.
Meets Audi fluid specifications for 0B5 series 7 speed in-line mounted direct shift gearbox (DSG) double clutch transmissions.
Meets Audi DSG transmission fluid OE part number G 052 529 A2.

Ravenol Audi DSG Transmission Fluid Features:

High performance fluid with excellent anti-wear, corrosion resistance, oxidation and thermal stability
High viscosity index assures extensive lubrication in severe hot and protection in cold weather
Innovative additive formula with controlled friction properties to equal slip free smooth shifting resulting in full driveline efficiency and power delivery

Consult your service manual and confirm the specific fluid requirements for your model.

Vehicle Applications:

2008-2012
Audi - All Models w/ 7 Speed DSG Transmissions Specifying Fluid Part Number G 052 529 A2

Technical Information:

Audi DSG transmission fluid should be changed every 25,000 miles - 40,000 (see more technical info (http://www.blauparts.com/audi/audi_fluid/audi_automatic_transmission_fluid.shtml#audiautoma tictransmissionfluidinfo)). Changing your DSG transmission fluid helps extend the life of your transmission by properly lubricating the main shaft bearings and synchros. Changing the Audi DSG transmission fluid is most easily done when performing the transmission filter maintenance.
BLAUfergnugen! Explains how to change Audi and Vw DSG transmission fluid.
Click here (http://www.blauparts.com/audi/audi_fluid/audi_automatic_transmission_fluid.shtml#howtochang eaudiautomatictransmissionfluid) for our Audi automatic transmission page.
Click here (http://www.blauparts.com/vw/vw_fluid/vw_automatic_transmission_fluid.shtml#howtochangev wautomatictransmissionfluid) for our Vw automatic transmission page.

Other features and specifications:

Ford 1490763
Ford 1490761
Ford WSS-M2C-936-A
Ford WSD-M2C00-D2
Ford XT-11-QDC (USA)
Motorcraft FML-XT-11-QDC
Chrysler 68044345 EA
Volvo 1161838
Volvo 1161839
Volvo MPS6 Powershift oil (1161839)
Mitsubishi MZ320065
Mitsubishi Dia-Queen SSTF-I

Mitsubishi Dia-Queen SST
BOT 341
Peugeot, Citroen 9734.S2 for DCS6 (Peugeot 4007, Citroen C-Crosser)
Fiat 9.55550-MZ6

Considering the cheapest Diaqueen SSTF-1 I've seen runs about $122 for a 4-liter can (which you generally would need at least 2 for a service), this costs $14.95 per liter, so its about half the cost of the cheapest Diaqueen SSTF-1 you can find online.

HMatt
08-15-2013, 09:54 AM
This is possible... But you need to check the SST warranty some more... Last I heard, any fluid NOT authorized by mitsu would void the warranty.

Macky
08-15-2013, 09:55 AM
that's true, my guess would be that for those who are outside of their warranty could technically use this fluid in lieu of the Diaqueen SSTF-1.

btack
08-27-2013, 04:13 PM
Yeah I'm sure whichever fluid we use in our Vw's DSG gearbox would work just fine in a evo MR

JinxsEvoXMR
05-08-2014, 06:43 AM
Yeah I'm sure whichever fluid we use in our Vw's DSG gearbox would work just fine in a evo MR

I had my trans and clutchpack rebuilt and upgraded by Jacks Transmissions about 8 months ago. From what Jack told me, there is a gel-like coating on the TCU and any fluid he's experimented with other than OEM and SSP pro gold will eat away at the coating and eventually cause the TCU to short out... also mentioned the TCU is about $2k to replace. I had tried the FFL-2 which is what the VW DSG uses and after about 6k miles I started having symptoms of a slipping clutch. When Jack was pulling everything apart, he said that the clutch was in relatively good condition and shouldn't have been slipping. that's when we started talking about the fluid and when I said i'd used the FFL-2 he said that was probably the issue. I'll probably just bite the bullet and stick with OEM.

Drew1
05-08-2014, 01:18 PM
I had my trans and clutchpack rebuilt and upgraded by Jacks Transmissions about 8 months ago. From what Jack told me, there is a gel-like coating on the TCU and any fluid he's experimented with other than OEM and SSP pro gold will eat away at the coating and eventually cause the TCU to short out... also mentioned the TCU is about $2k to replace. I had tried the FFL-2 which is what the VW DSG uses and after about 6k miles I started having symptoms of a slipping clutch. When Jack was pulling everything apart, he said that the clutch was in relatively good condition and shouldn't have been slipping. that's when we started talking about the fluid and when I said i'd used the FFL-2 he said that was probably the issue. I'll probably just bite the bullet and stick with OEM.
Damn....$244 fluid<$2000 TCU