PDA

View Full Version : Need help today right now!

HighBoostEvo
09-29-2013, 04:00 PM
Hello everyone I have changed my clutch a few times in the past and don't know why im having so much trouble. I'm at the point where everything is disconnected and the trans is only being held on by the throw out bearing. My cars been down a week and im over it. If someone who has experience with changing out clutches can come help me today or tuesday ill be more than happy to pay. All i need help with is taking off the trans and putting it back on. ill bolt everything back together myself. im in the Norco/Corona area. Text me 951 two eight eight zero three three three. The sooner the better. Thanks

Mike W
09-29-2013, 07:26 PM
DO you have the new clutch and release bearing with you right there? If so, pop the new bearing into the pressure plate. It snaps in. Now, figure out how to release it on the new parts right in front of you and that is how it goes on the old pressure plate in the bell housing.

You push the bearing towards the pressure plate, hold down the circle clip thingy, then pop out the bearing. It all kind of works like an air hose coupler if you have seen those. Once you can do it right in front of you a couple times, hen put the whole thing under a desk or in a box and do it without looking. One hand on the bearing, the other poking with a screwdriver. Once you can do it without looking, you are ready to try it on the car with the old clutch. One hand on the release bearing lever sticking out of the bell housing, the other working a screwdriver through a hole.

If you really suck at it and get nowhere, the last resort cheater way is to just unbolt all the 6 pressure plate bolts one at a time through any available hole in the bell housing. But you still have to deal with the stuck release bearing mousetrap from the wrong side once the trans is on the floor. At least then you can mangle it all apart.

Just make sure you snap it in good when you put the new stuff back together. Suck bad when you put it all together and you are headed out the driveway and it pops out.

Mike W