PDA

View Full Version : bad clunking coming from front right??

apex_kurt
10-21-2013, 08:11 PM
So just recently I think something came loose and I haven't been able to pinpoint the issue. The car makes a bad clunking noise and I can actually feel whatever is loose. It only happens when I go over bumps. Straight driving is fine, acceleration is fine, but when the road gets bumpy, then the car starts rattling. Any suggestions? I took my wheel off and shook just about every suspension part I could, nothing was loose. Checked the bolts on my coils and everything.

KT Motoring
10-21-2013, 09:54 PM
You need to describe your suspension setup a little bit more. If you have found nothing else loose, check you end links, front and rear.

socaloc1
10-21-2013, 09:57 PM
Loose lugs?

rawger
10-21-2013, 10:41 PM
Hey man I had the same issue check your bolts on your cross member !! I had the dame thing Only over bumps or driveways, and you can hear it and feel it loosen and hit something.

rawger
10-21-2013, 10:53 PM
Lmk if that's what it was. Curious to know lol

apex_kurt
10-21-2013, 10:59 PM
I'm definitely going to check it out tomorrow! I got home too late from class but that's what it is just bumps and driveways. Thanks for the insight!

EndlessOne
10-22-2013, 02:38 AM
is the noise coming from one side? i had an issue where my suspension was clunking and it was the bolt on top of the suspension that keeps the camber plate and the suspension together. it could possibly be that.

evo_jfa
10-22-2013, 06:00 AM
I bid for a swaybar endlinks or crossmember reinforcemnt bars.

apex_kurt
10-23-2013, 06:27 AM
So I raised the car up yesterday morning and couldn't figure out the problem. The weird part is that the car did make the sound on the way home like I had expected, and it also didn't make the sound to and from school/to work this morning. I'm not too sure what's going on hah

evodriver49
10-23-2013, 10:08 AM
when i had similar symptoms my axle was disconnected from where the ball joint area is, try looking for any goo around there maybe a leaking axle where the clamps are?

apex_kurt
10-23-2013, 02:05 PM
when i had similar symptoms my axle was disconnected from where the ball joint area is, try looking for any goo around there maybe a leaking axle where the clamps are?

Now that you mention it I noticed my splitter has some sort of junk on it but I couldn't pinpoint where it was coming from and it wasn't a lot so I wasn't really worried. I'm going to have to take the bumper off this weekend and just inspect everything. Thanks for the info

Macky
10-23-2013, 02:26 PM
one thing you might want to check too is the driveshaft boot that connects to the actual wheel hub.

a similar thing happened to my 3000GT back then. it made a clunking noise whenever i went over bumps or turned the direction of the bad joint. it turned out the driveshaft boot that connects to the corresponding hub was torn, spilled all the lubricating grease, and in turn damaged the connection to the hub. that car needed a whole new driveshaft in that corner.

hopefully thats not the case for you. oh and if it is leaking the grease, it stinks. like the same as the tar they put on asphalt. its really bad.

kambodianboi
10-23-2013, 03:48 PM
Sounds like tophat bolt is lose, happens to me a few times on coilovers.

evodriver49
10-23-2013, 10:48 PM
Now that you mention it I noticed my splitter has some sort of junk on it but I couldn't pinpoint where it was coming from and it wasn't a lot so I wasn't really worried. I'm going to have to take the bumper off this weekend and just inspect everything. Thanks for the info
no problem here's my thread for when it happened, like macky mentioned it had to do with the driveshaft boot
http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-general/657510-help-black-gunk-near-transfer-case-inner-tierod-oil-pan.html

dqui.tran04
11-06-2013, 05:37 PM
I have the same issue with my right rear. I currently just bought some new megan coil overs and installed them about a month ago. I can feel it getting worst. Just took off my wheel and checked everything seems tight and right. Could it be the coil over it self?? BTW does anyone know where to get a spare volk rays wheel lock.....??

aphiolfs1925
11-06-2013, 11:38 PM
^^i have a set of red volk racing formula lugs for sale. plmk.

dqui.tran04
11-10-2013, 04:27 PM
Im good, but thanks a lot dude.