PDA

View Full Version : NEWB wheels and spring question, tried, searching but couldnt find an answer

evoxftw
11-03-2013, 01:06 PM
Hey guys

If I lower my car with swift spec R springs and run XXR 527 (18x9.75 +20 offset) on 265/35/18, will I have rubbing issues with fenders not rolled?

Or should I get 255/40/18?

Again, ima newb please help

kada85
11-03-2013, 01:25 PM
on an evo x?? roll your fenders flat just in case, i dont think you should have much trouble with rubbing

evoxftw
11-03-2013, 01:44 PM
on an evo x?? roll your fenders flat just in case, i dont think you should have much trouble with rubbing

Yeah for an evo x, or running a little bit more camber will do the trick? But not sure how much camber I can run with the stock setup with just springs

popdakebin
11-04-2013, 03:09 PM
With that setup, you just need to roll the rears. However, make sure they do NOT roll the rears flat. There is something in the middle of the fender that that makes it that if you roll it flat, it will bump up. It's almost like a reinforcement to the fender. Your stock setup can get have a bit more than -2.0 camber. I was able to get -2.5. However, some others reported that they were not able to get that much.

My setup Enkei RPF1 18x9.5 +15. Eibach springs.

Psycho719
11-05-2013, 09:59 PM
I had to get my rear fenders rolled with similar setup.

Evoegg
11-05-2013, 11:22 PM
depending on which tires too, some 265 is thicker and bolder than others (Pilot Super Sports for example).

and as for the Evo X rear, I recommend people just SHAVE IT, its aluminium. It wont get rusty =P and it'll look MUCH clean than rolling it!

PM me if you want to know the best fender guy that Socal people goes to.

evoxftw
11-06-2013, 12:09 AM
Yeah fsho, please let me know where to go.

As of now im thinking of rolling with stock tires, since i just bought the car everything is so new, im guessing i wouldnt need to roll my fenders if i run stock tires right?

chinoxmk22
11-06-2013, 08:34 AM
Why is everyone going with xxr nowadays

evobros
11-06-2013, 08:45 AM

Because a lot of RICERS buying evos.

evo_jfa
11-06-2013, 09:46 AM
Because a lot of RICERS buying evos.

Evo scene is turning like DSM .... Not everyone worry to use top of the line parts and brands ...

evoxftw
11-06-2013, 11:13 AM
Thats only wheels for me, dont wanna spend a lot of money on a set of wheels.

evobros
11-06-2013, 11:14 AM
Evo scene is turning like DSM .... Not everyone worry to use top of the line parts and brands ...

If u buy an Evo u should at least buy decent brands not cheap as shit. I remember when ppl wouldnt rock rotas and now everyone is buying even cheaper stuff.

evo_jfa
11-06-2013, 11:21 AM
If u buy an Evo u should at least buy decent brands not cheap as shit. I remember when ppl wouldnt rock rotas and now everyone is buying even cheaper stuff.

I prefer oem over other type of budget wheels. Now working to rid off an XXR from my eclipse. the eclipse come with the wheels.

Back to the post topic, seems to be wheels and tires are going to fit ok. 18x9.5 +22 is enough to clear calipers.. Any expert, please advice.

evobros
11-06-2013, 11:33 AM
Exactly I don't know y ppl don't keep stock wheels instead of cheap wheels.

keenooo
11-06-2013, 11:57 AM
The way I see it, cheap car = cheap wheels. Thats why alot of honda/240/scion owners buy knock off wheels. (atleast around where I live) but imo, buying knock off wheels for an evo is a big NO NO or any other car thats in our category

kada85
11-06-2013, 12:07 PM
although i dont agree with xxr's on an evo. its his car sadly, so he can do what he wants. if it was me and i was looking at a budget set of wheels, i would go with rpf1's or nt03's

evo_jfa
11-06-2013, 12:24 PM
although i dont agree with xxr's on an evo. its his car sadly, so he can do what he wants. if it was me and i was looking at a budget set of wheels, i would go with rpf1's or nt03's

^+1 That would be my pick ;) Look for used rpf1's with good tires.

DTunedEvoX
11-06-2013, 02:13 PM
TRIPLE OG CERTIFIED Ricer here :congratulatory: ... Speaking from personal RICING experience (White,Brown and Fried- but I've moved on to Quinoa) I have Hankook v12 Evo 's in 265/35/18 w/ Ricer XXR 527's ... Over bumps and some on/off ramps on the freeway I get rubbing in the rears. I have no problems with a child in the back but if you have 2 or 3 adults you will certainly get rubbing. I recommend you roll the rears. Good luck!
**Back to my ricing and contemplating which HKS SSQV Version should I VTA on my stock evo ....hrmmm ...**

Macky
11-06-2013, 02:26 PM
TRIPLE OG CERTIFIED Ricer here :congratulatory: ... Speaking from personal RICING experience (White,Brown and Fried- but I've moved on to Quinoa) I have Hankook v12 Evo 's in 265/35/18 w/ Ricer XXR 527's ... Over bumps and some on/off ramps on the freeway I get rubbing in the rears. I have no problems with a child in the back but if you have 2 or 3 adults you will certainly get rubbing. I recommend you roll the rears. Good luck!
**Back to my ricing and contemplating which HKS SSQV Version should I VTA on my stock evo ....hrmmm ...**

LOL RICING experience!

DTunedEvoX
11-06-2013, 02:44 PM
Oh P.S. I am lowered on Eibach Pro Kits ... even then I still recommend you roll your rears!

DaRkStArVIII
11-06-2013, 04:57 PM
Look at it like this the car is popular and if it isn't garaged stored then what would you rather miss out on in the event your wheels were stolen...$1000 or $3,500+. I say save some money get proper suspension and buy some cheap ass wheels and go bling later. Get yourself into some wider wheels and a decent suspension set-up at the same time. I did and I'm glad it went this route. At the end of the day it's your ish.

theinnereffect
11-10-2013, 07:00 PM
I was on a budget and was able to find some pfo1 at a good price, I'm lowered on swift springs and recently got some 265 35 18 sumitomo and i haven't had any rubbing issues, but I'm almost always driving solo or with only one passenger

Psycho719
11-11-2013, 12:16 AM

Affordable. I don't plan on keeping them for ever but I wanted some good looking wider wheels right away. I only paid 400 and I shouldn't have any problem reselling them seeing how popular they are. I wouldn't consider my self a cheap person seeing as how my tires are worth almost 3 times as the wheels lol. Finish and build quality for XXR is by far one of the best than you average "fake" wheel on the market. Funny that when I go to Evo meets some don't even know what kinda of wheel it is and receive some positive compliments. But I'm sure some evo gods will never agree with them and that's fine too.

Psycho719
11-11-2013, 12:20 AM
depending on which tires too, some 265 is thicker and bolder than others (Pilot Super Sports for example).

and as for the Evo X rear, I recommend people just SHAVE IT, its aluminium. It wont get rusty =P and it'll look MUCH clean than rolling it!

PM me if you want to know the best fender guy that Socal people goes to.

I went with Evasive. Didn't know shaving fenders was an option. Evasive did great job and no more rubbing on my 265/35/18 Yokohama's AD08 R. I bought some white rustoleum paint and added a few coats to prevent any future rusting underneath. Curious though who is the best fender guy you know, PM you since I know some people that need it done.

Evoegg
11-11-2013, 12:30 AM
Well sadly if you guys went to SEMA this year. YA'LL see tons and tons and tons XXR on almost EVERY CAR =( ...

actually people think XXR is name brand LOLZ

Psycho719
11-11-2013, 02:08 AM
Well sadly if you guys went to SEMA this year. YA'LL see tons and tons and tons XXR on almost EVERY CAR =( ...

actually people think XXR is name brand LOLZ

It's name brand wheels now didn't you know. :biggrin-new: