PDA

View Full Version : Brakes squealing really loud

invincibleruler
11-24-2013, 04:28 PM
Hi,

I am having some issues with the brakes on my car. They really squeal a lot and make a lot of noise.
They used to make some noise so I changed my brake pads to Centric semi-metallic ones and I just have 26K miles on my car. After changing the pads, they squeal a lot and this is not the kind of noise you get when the brake pads go bad or something. They make noise only when I use brakes at low speeds.

I went back to the same mechanic who got brake pads and he mentioned that my brakes need to be reseated. I don't know what that really means though.
He just mentioned that I need to use my brakes really hard(like from 50-60mph to 0) and gradually that noise will go away.

I have never heard anything like this before. Any idea if this is true or there is some other way to fix the noise?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

snowsnake
11-24-2013, 05:07 PM
I think that a little squeaking when it's cold or going low speeds its normal, but don't think that "reseating the brake pads" is good, it's bad for the rotors pads and is just a lot of stress on the system overall, i'd say time for a new mechanic

Sev
11-24-2013, 05:23 PM
You need to rebed them properly.

InfernoEagle
11-24-2013, 05:33 PM
http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/tech/techpage.jsp?techid=85

I posted this on EvoM As Well For You