PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Maps

Treyzian
01-04-2014, 02:28 AM
Question to those more familiar with tuning:

We were discussing throttle maps today, and somebody had this idea that if you changed all values (except at 0 load) to 100, it would lead to a more responsive throttle. The idea is that changing these values to 100 would get rid of the lag in throttle. From what we discussed about it today, it seems like the maps are either

1)a limit/restrictor on how much the throttle can open at a given load and RPM (more likely option)
2)a value that defines how fast the actual throttle position adjusts depending on your pedal position

What will these changes do?

Maps in question: Top is left unadjusted, bottom is adjusted. Theory would be to change all the maps to 100 (except for 0 load).

Thanks!

Treyzian
01-07-2014, 01:51 AM
Bump. Anybody? :)

kambodianboi
01-07-2014, 02:10 AM
http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54910

Treyzian
01-07-2014, 12:19 PM
Oh wow thanks

Mister
01-13-2014, 06:54 PM
Or you can get one of these, and not have to touch your maps......
http://www.blitzpowerusa.com/products/throcon/throcon.html

I love mine.

Treyzian
01-13-2014, 10:12 PM
Or you can get one of these, and not have to touch your maps......
http://www.blitzpowerusa.com/products/throcon/throcon.html

I love mine.

Slightly confused by this, it never really says what it actually does. And after looking at the graphs, I'm not too sure what factor/variable it's graphing. Mechanical throttle is listed as linear, and the other two are not.

Mister
01-15-2014, 11:25 AM
^ It remaps your throttle pedal. Comes in several different driving modes. Now, I need to push the gas pedal less to achieve more boost than before. There is no lag on the pedal, as soon as the gas pedal is touched, the engine is sooner to respond. Throttle response greatly improved.
Hope that explains it better.

Pure EvoIX
01-15-2014, 12:47 PM
so if throttle response is improved...what about throttle control? What if you just want 20% throttle 40% throttle 60% throttle? You won't get it right. It will now be more of an on off switch. Maybe On semi on Off Switch.

Treyzian
01-15-2014, 01:55 PM
^ It remaps your throttle pedal. Comes in several different driving modes. Now, I need to push the gas pedal less to achieve more boost than before. There is no lag on the pedal, as soon as the gas pedal is touched, the engine is sooner to respond. Throttle response greatly improved.
Hope that explains it better.

Kind of. I'm just wondering how it does that though, like what specific map(s) it changes to achieve this.

so if throttle response is improved...what about throttle control? What if you just want 20% throttle 40% throttle 60% throttle? You won't get it right. It will now be more of an on off switch. Maybe On semi on Off Switch.

The purpose of something like this (or atleast my original purpose when we were messing with throttle maps) was for throttle response, instead of the lag on the DBW. Throttle position is not changed at all, but rather the speed at which the throttle position matches your pedal position. The end goal result was, similar to the conventional throttle, to make it so that if you move your pedal slower, the throttle position will change slower as well.