PDA

View Full Version : Take off problem, speed density tuned

2005EVO
01-04-2014, 12:34 PM
Recently got my evo 8 tuned on speed density, when i put the car in first and let the clutch out occasionally it will drop to 1k RPMs and will bog and wont go anywhere, no matter how much gas you give it, you could floor it and it still wont go, with clutch all the way out. It doesn't do this all the time mainly when its cold. I try to let it warm up as much as i can. After it goes in this "limp mode" i put the clutch in rev it back up to 2k or 2.5k RPM (which i think is way too much and shouldn't have to rev it that high just to get it to go) and try again. Has anyone experienced this for themselves, or even know what I am trying to describe. Any help is appreciated.

one4
01-04-2014, 01:05 PM
Contact your tuner...

Black Evo Beauty
01-04-2014, 01:55 PM
You need to warm up your car properly

2005EVO
01-04-2014, 02:28 PM
You need to warm up your car properly

sometimes you dont have time to warm up your car properly, but even when your car isnt fully warm you shouldnt have this problem. I left my car in a parking lot for a couple of hours, jumped in it let it warm up for 2-3 minutes (usually ill let it warm up longer, until the RPMs drop and the cam lope is aggressive), decided that 2-3 minutes should be fine, because I was tired and wanted to go home. Put the car in reverse started to let the clutch out and the car died, not a stall just died, started it back up and reversed out of my spot then threw it in first gear and the car did this bogging problem, tried 6 or 7 times to get it going with out success, bogged all the way through the parking lot until the car finally ran properly.

Black Evo Beauty
01-05-2014, 12:20 AM
Hit up your tuner

Mike W
01-05-2014, 01:16 PM
Get your car to your tuner and let him have it for a while so it can get cold and to be able to replicate the problem. He might be able to guess at the issue but to test it, it needs to be cold. Occasional problems can be tricky to sort out when it does it sometimes and not other times.

Mike W

Black Evo Beauty
01-07-2014, 05:13 PM
Any updates on this issue