PDA

View Full Version : What to do when car is parked in front of fire hydrant?

butters149
03-28-2014, 07:22 AM
My driveway is pretty narrow and steep so I usually have to back out to avoid scraping. Anyways, RIGHT next to my driveway is a fire hydrant and the curb is painted red. However sometimes coming home I see cars parked there waiting for someone to get in. Naturally I would need as much space as I can to angle up, however I cannot do this if they are in the way.

Just wondering, what you guys would do in my situation.

Macky
03-28-2014, 07:26 AM
are you parked inside or do you park outside? I'd honk at them because technically they shouldn't park in front of a fire hydrant.

butters149
03-28-2014, 08:01 AM
i park inside, but i have to get up the driveway first, i'll try and get a picture this weekend when there is daylight. yesterday i honked and even signaled and the dude still wouldn't move (not sure if he heard or saw me, but he eventually moved). i was nervous to approach the vehicle because it was tinted, not sure if the dude will blast me or not haha, i live in monterey park, not exactly the safest neighborhood.

i was thinking of hitting up the PD or city hall this weekend and asking them what I can do, maybe get a phone number.

LakaiorDie
03-28-2014, 08:10 AM
raise your car?

rawger
03-28-2014, 08:33 AM
Put some glass, nails and other shape items in front of the fire hydrant so when they park there they'll have a nice surprise in there tires lmao. That's should take care of them. Good luck dude.

EvoIX007
03-28-2014, 09:05 AM
Submit your complains to the local PD. Request more patrols within your area to enforce the red curb.