PDA

View Full Version : A good transmission shop?

JSmitty
05-24-2014, 05:33 AM
Hello everyone,

New to the forums here. I was directed by a buddy of mine to join incase I had a question.

Anyways, to the point. I'm currently deployed and scheduled to return in a couple months. I'm need to replace my clutch and flywheel. I was wondering if anyone knows of a good, reputable shop that they trust for transmission job. I've been searching all over the place and asking several people, but I can't get a solid answer. Any help would be great.

evodriver49
05-24-2014, 06:20 AM
seems like most trust Shephard, Jacks Transmissions, or TRE

JSmitty
05-24-2014, 06:44 AM
Thanks for the quick response, but I'm actually looking for an actual shop in the antelope valley. I'm also willing to go down to San Bernardino or Santa Clarita.

HMatt
05-24-2014, 06:46 AM
Just a clutch and flywheel? Where are you located?

If you are needing a rebuild, the ones listed in the previous post are good.

JSmitty
05-24-2014, 06:49 AM
Just a clutch and flywheel. I'll already have the parts when I come back. I'm in the Edwards area, but I'm willing to go just about anywhere in the high desert.

evoempire
05-24-2014, 07:52 AM
First things first, Thank you for your service to this country! I appreciate what you do. As for your questions if you only need a clutch flywheel install then I recommend making a bit of a further drive to either Massimo Power, RRE, Tuning Tech, Evasive Motorsports. I recommend you calling them and from there you can figure out which one to go too for the service.

Jacks, Shep, and TRE are all great drivetrain companies but you don't need them just for a clutch/flywheel job. Now when you want to upgrade trannys is when you would contact them.

Everyone here has dealt with one of the shops mentioned at some point or another. In my 8-9yrs of experience in the evo game I personally have dealt with tuningtech, Evasive, RRE, and Massimo. I would trust anyone of those with your needs.

Black Evo Beauty
05-24-2014, 08:20 AM
Tuning technologies in the city of Colton

JSmitty
05-24-2014, 08:44 AM
Awesome. Thank you for your advice. I checked out the shops you listed and emailed them with my circumstance. I appreciate your quick response. Hopefully I can get an appointment set up. It's just hard to forsee when I'll be able to set it up for.

Mike W
05-24-2014, 01:02 PM
You are looking for an EVO shop, not a transmission shop. There are none in the Antelope Valley. You will have to go over the mountain to get to one. Over the on the 15 side would be TT. Over the 14 side the first one you would fine is KTM. Whoever does your clutch install should have done hundreds before and not practicing on your car.

Mike W