PDA

View Full Version : Changes in Private and Member Classifieds Permissions

Macky
07-17-2014, 07:57 AM
As some of you know, in recent times SoCalEvo.net has been inundated with members who simply join just to peddle and sell parts for their cars, never really bothering to become a contributing member of the community. This has been brought to the SoCalEvo.net team's attention on more than a few occasions since the change to the new Forum, and we have been working to correctly restrict these new users without affecting those who have been valued members of the community.

So starting today, the Private and Member Classifieds has now been reset with new restrictions specifically designed to cut down on new users who simply post for parts and spam the Forum. New users will not be able to post FS or WTB threads until their post count hits 150 posts.

The filter will take effect today and those of you who have more than 150 posts should still see the entire SoCalEvo.net Forum just fine. The new users will still see the rest of the Forum like the regular members, only with the Private and Member Classifieds restrictions.

Now if any of you have more than 150 posts and cannot see the Private and Member Classifieds, please PM me.

Thank you.

EDIT:

The script used will switch over your user's permissions at least an hour after you log in again. For example, since the change was done today, if you have just logged on, even if you have more than 150 post counts, the script may or may not immediately carry your user over to the right permissions.

So what you can do is just remain logged in for at least an hour, log off (not just close out the browser), and make sure all the cookies are cleared. Clear out your browser temp files and the cookies manually as well, then log in. The same goes for those users that have less than 150 posts but have been members for over a year. That is the solution that I sent to the users that PM me that fall in either category (member for over a year or have more than 150 posts).

After doing so, the script should pick you up and put you in the right category.

If you do not meet those two criteria (either been a member over a year or less than 150 posts), the only way for you to get access is to be an active user and get enough posts to meet the requirements.

evoempire
07-17-2014, 08:15 AM
Thanks Macky for continuing to make this a better place. I appreciate the work you do. Also trying to keep spam out as well. Lets just hope these new members don't just spam the forum with 150 posts lmao

EvoIX007
07-17-2014, 08:18 AM
Sweetness!!! That's great news. Hopefully by 150 posts, they'll also know to post pics in the thread. haha.

evo_jfa
07-17-2014, 08:31 AM
thanks Macky. 150 is going to limit a lot the sales section. But I think it reflect the main goal of the forum, which is keep the conversation open for tech, track and funny topics. I hope new members join the forum to interact and not just for sale parts.

Macky
07-17-2014, 08:38 AM
we have been asked about these new users just signing up to post and buy stuff, not really contributing to the forum. its like the place is being treated as a free craigslist site. that is not what this site is for.

evoempire
07-17-2014, 08:39 AM
^I agree! :)

M4Lki3r
07-17-2014, 08:47 AM
Yeah, this is a growing pain that any forum has to deal with. It's actually a good sign in that we are growing in popularity (even if it is just google's page rank) and that more people are finding out about the site.

dvsrome
07-17-2014, 08:50 AM
thanks Macky. 150 is going to limit a lot the sales section. But I think it reflect the main goal of the forum, which is keep the conversation open for tech, track and funny topics. I hope new members join the forum to interact and not just for sale parts.

I haven't been an active poster on the site but I have been a member for many years. I normally just read the forums and been to a couple of the meets but I do not login. I recently wanted to post a wtb, and had to make a new account since I dont remember which of my 10000 email addresses I used to sign up back in the day. I don't think that I could ever reach 150 as I have only posted anything on any of the evo forums maybe 3 or 4 times since I got my evo in 04 since. I am no expert on evos so I feel a lot of times I should not chime in on a discussion I know little about. I am more of the guy in the back taking notes and listening in on conversations. Unfortunately, I will have to use one of my friends accounts to post in the wtb forums until my posts reach 150. Kind of sucks but I understand the reasoning. :cower: Post 2/150.

Macky
07-17-2014, 08:57 AM
if you know your old username I can look it up and maybe see if it has more posts. it does suck, but it is the norm that most (if not all) forums have to weed out people that just join to sell stuff.

you still can see the rest of the forum. I know that may be of little consolation if you are not an active user, but try and make it to the meets so you can interact with some of the members. once you get some discussion going on, you will find more things to talk about on the forum.

like knee pads. some members here LOVE knee pads.

EdiREvo8
07-17-2014, 08:59 AM
Dang :( I gotta work my way up now!
Oh well its for the best :)

Hey macky is this also taking effect on our PM's? Cuase I'm not able to send any! :(

Boosted
07-17-2014, 09:00 AM
It may also be beneficial to add a time requirement as well so you don't have people post whoring to rapidly hit the 150 post mark. A few other forums that I have seen do this implement a 6 month/100 post minimum to help combat this problem.

Macky
07-17-2014, 09:07 AM
oh if they post whore the heck out they will get some time out. its built in to the filter.

evoempire
07-17-2014, 09:16 AM
if you know your old username I can look it up and maybe see if it has more posts. it does suck, but it is the norm that most (if not all) forums have to weed out people that just join to sell stuff.

you still can see the rest of the forum. I know that may be of little consolation if you are not an active user, but try and make it to the meets so you can interact with some of the members. once you get some discussion going on, you will find more things to talk about on the forum.

like knee pads. some members here LOVE knee pads.
Safety is paramount! Do NOT forget your knee pads!

pepe le pew
07-17-2014, 09:17 AM
So I've been here since 2007, posted maybe 3 times if even that and purchased countless items from fellow sce members. Now a change of policy prohibits me from viewing for sale ads? How about just precluding posting of for sale ads if you don't meet certain post count thresholds rather than killing off buyers who otherwise don't have much to say?

Macky
07-17-2014, 09:34 AM
So I've been here since 2007, posted maybe 3 times if even that and purchased countless items from fellow sce members. Now a change of policy prohibits me from viewing for sale ads? How about just precluding posting of for sale ads if you don't meet certain post count thresholds rather than killing off buyers who otherwise don't have much to say?

that's understandable.

unfortunately the post count threshold cant accommodate the join date. believe me, we tried and it took this long to get a permission script to work. but it is something that we can look at and modify the script.

the goal is to reduce the FS spamming. everything else we can work on along the way.

supergreen125
07-17-2014, 09:37 AM

^What he said. I've been a member for over 4 years, owned 2 Evo X's, met a lot of good people selling and buying parts from the site. I use the site to get info on my car but simply don't have the free time to get involved in the discussions. Now the next time I need to buy tires or an OEM part, I can't even view the classifieds because somebody invented a number that is 5X what I've been able to post in those 4 years?? Seems unfair to the sellers too. How about 150 posts or 1 year of membership just to weed out the people that want nothing more than to join to sell their crap?

evoempire
07-17-2014, 09:37 AM
I am not sure how the forum works as far as that is concerned. I am not sure if they set a post limit that you can still view the fs adds. As stated before this is just a precaution to this forum. We personally would feel a bit better and have a warm fuzzy feeling if we kind of knew who you were as a buyer/seller. This not only helps decrease useless post whoring and bumping yrs old threads. But also helps mitigate any shady practices going on. Not that you would do such a thing, and considering you have been here since 07 I would think you are here not just to hawk parts. Of course there will always be exceptions to the rule; you probably being one of them. But if this is an issue like you said if you know someone here then they can sale it for you. Is it a inconvenience? Yea probably, but hopefully you will understand why this is happening and roll with the changes. And who knows maybe you can become active as well.

Lorenzo Feal
07-17-2014, 09:39 AM
I think maybe it should be alittle lower of posts to sell things because I been on the forums for about a year and a half but hardly have posts because I read things but don't respond or someone has already said the idea or whatever I was gonna say

Chips
07-17-2014, 09:39 AM
Maybe we could work something out for those users that aren't at the 150 post count yet? #kneepads xD

evo_jfa
07-17-2014, 09:40 AM
At least +1 on the thing about PM and allow read only mode into the sales/wtb section. If we are the same posting, maybe casual sellers may have a very limited audience. I think some provided a good feedback and once we understand everybody concerns, we may find a common ground.

Chips
07-17-2014, 09:41 AM
In all seriousness though, I agree with what you're doing macky. Maybe itll give them incentive to be an active part of this forum!

Chompy
07-17-2014, 09:44 AM
I like this!

evoempire
07-17-2014, 09:48 AM
In all seriousness though, I agree with what you're doing macky. Maybe itll give them incentive to be an active part of this forum!
lmao I was thinking the same thing! I was like Macky is a sneaky little mofo! Finding new ways to force people to be active and productive lmao. I caught on to this from the start Macky! This is knee pad approved!

evo_jfa
07-17-2014, 09:49 AM
Keep it up Macky, the knee pad crew support you as I do.

chinoxmk22
07-17-2014, 09:57 AM
Haha finally. Good job guys. I got over 150 posts :heh:

choiboy
07-17-2014, 10:04 AM
i don't really like this idea. but anyways how do i tell how many posts i have?

choiboy
07-17-2014, 10:05 AM
oh shoot 4 posts! got a ways to go....

Macky
07-17-2014, 10:09 AM
Ok I made a change to the script to accommodate those that have been here at least a year, regardless of their post. that doesn't mean a free for all for FS threads though, just a heads up.

so what you guys (members for over a year) can do is log off after about a couple hours. you have to likely clear the cookies from your browser after you log off SoCalEvo. don't just close out the browser. it takes the script a while to reset.

post your results here.

supergreen125
07-17-2014, 10:13 AM
Thank you, Macky! I'll give it a try after lunch and let you know.

Lorenzo Feal
07-17-2014, 10:13 AM
Ok I made a change to the script to accommodate those that have been here at least a year, regardless of their post. that doesn't mean a free for all for FS threads though, just a heads up.

so what you guys (members for over a year) can do is log off after about a couple hours. you have to likely clear the cookies from your browser after you log off SoCalEvo. don't just close out the browser. it takes the script a while to reset.

post your results here.
Thanks for the change Macky! But just realized I joined in October last year ha so I'm not a year yet actually 😢😓😂

evoempire
07-17-2014, 10:15 AM
Yaaaaaay! See now everyone is happy :) knee pad approved!

EdiREvo8
07-17-2014, 10:22 AM
Maybe we should atleast be able to pm each other

chinoxmk22
07-17-2014, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the change Macky! But just realized I joined in October last year ha so I'm not a year yet actually 😢😓😂
http://forums.clubrsx.com/images/smilies/laughat.gif

JayOh28
07-17-2014, 10:42 AM

post your results here.

Worked for me,only issue I had was the mobile version doesn't seem to work that well for me. Parts of the forums go completely blank. I've been using the Full Site site version regardless but thought I throw in my 2cents about that. Oh and have started being more active on here now since I fixed my Evo after a year of not driving due to being rear ended by a drunk driver while the car was parked:(

Macky
07-17-2014, 10:51 AM
Worked for me,only issue I had was the mobile version doesn't seem to work that well for me. Parts of the forums go completely blank. I've been using the Full Site site version regardless but thought I throw in my 2cents about that. Oh and have started being more active on here now since I fixed my Evo after a year of not driving due to being rear ended by a drunk driver while the car was parked:(

I don't know about the mobile version unfortunately. but im glad the script worked for you. welcome back!

JayOh28
07-17-2014, 10:52 AM
100616 This is what I was talking about

Macky
07-17-2014, 10:53 AM
yeah I don't have a mobile that can access the forum so I don't know whats up with that unfortunately.

EvoMr420
07-17-2014, 11:03 AM
I think this is good, even tho I will be included in the restriction lol but I'll pay my dues just like everyone else should! I agree I've seen people owning Hondas, subies, etc with 1 post come on here just to sell stuff.... This is a great idea! :clap2:

adog
07-17-2014, 11:03 AM
What about those of us that got our post in club ralliart since we were redirected there?

Mister
07-17-2014, 11:06 AM
PM sent Macky

EvoMr420
07-17-2014, 11:07 AM
It may also be beneficial to add a time requirement as well so you don't have people post whoring to rapidly hit the 150 post mark. A few other forums that I have seen do this implement a 6 month/100 post minimum to help combat this problem.

^^^THIS. Or were going to get a lot of post whores!

Macky
07-17-2014, 11:09 AM
What about those of us that got our post in club ralliart since we were redirected there?

I changed the script so that users who have been here more than a year wont be affected, regardless of the post count.

silverevo05
07-17-2014, 11:09 AM
Agreed to the above statement, though good idea on the 150 limit

evobros
07-17-2014, 11:13 AM
Yeah, this is a growing pain that any forum has to deal with. It's actually a good sign in that we are growing in popularity (even if it is just google's page rank) and that more people are finding out about the site.

Tell me me about it lol!!

Sweetness!!! That's great news. Hopefully by 150 posts, they'll also know to post pics in the thread. haha.

X2 on that brotha!!

this is great news macky!!

kambodianboi
07-17-2014, 11:19 AM
Make it like 3000 post or something for them to post for sale.

Lorenzo Feal
07-17-2014, 11:42 AM
http://forums.clubrsx.com/images/smilies/laughat.gif
Not funny 😡😤 hahah I have a few things I was gonna put up for sale this week but now I can't haha😩😭

JayOh28
07-17-2014, 11:46 AM
yeah I don't have a mobile that can access the forum so I don't know whats up with that unfortunately.

It's all good

EvoMr420
07-17-2014, 11:47 AM
Not funny  hahah I have a few things I was gonna put up for sale this week but now I can't haha

Lol.......

markspd6
07-17-2014, 12:26 PM
Cant access wtb section, been here for years and i have enough posts.. Do alot of posts on club RA, and id appreciate a review rating for sellers, i usualy wont buy from an unreviewed seller on snother forum. Here, its not as big an issue, as most of the deals are face to face..

Fixed for me, thanks!! And no probs in trying to limit BS FS threads.. Im sure no legit members, would complain about that..

Macky
07-17-2014, 12:34 PM
Just an FYI...

The script used will switch over your user's permissions at least an hour after you log in again. For example, since the change was done today, if you have just logged on, even if you have more than 150 post counts, the script may or may not immediately carry your user over to the right permissions.

So what you can do is just remain logged in for at least an hour, log off (not just close out the browser), and make sure all the cookies are cleared. Clear out your browser temp files and the cookies manually as well, then log in. The same goes for those users that have less than 150 posts but have been members for over a year. That is the solution that I sent to the users that PM me that fall in either category (member for over a year or have more than 150 posts).

After doing so, the script should pick you up and put you in the right category.

If you do not meet those two criteria (either been a member over a year or less than 150 posts), the only way for you to get access is to be an active user and get enough posts to meet the requirements.

Macky
07-17-2014, 12:37 PM
Update: since this morning, there have been 42 users that the script has changed over to the group that has rights to view the Private and Member Classifieds.

Currently, I checked and there are now 93 users changed over, while the remainder who belong to the old usergroup is at 17,129. That means there are still a lot of you that have not really logged in yet.

kambodianboi
07-17-2014, 12:38 PM
I am the 1% woo

Macky
07-17-2014, 01:30 PM
updated are now up to 104.

Lorenzo Feal
07-17-2014, 01:34 PM
updated are now up to 104.
I will be in that group by the end of today haha

Macky
07-17-2014, 01:37 PM
easy there. don't go overboard.

DaemonFalcor
07-17-2014, 01:40 PM
150... Well I better get cracking lol! If only I got a post count credit for already knowing how to post pictures... >.< lol

supergreen125
07-17-2014, 01:41 PM
Working just fine for me now... of course I have to log in to view the classifieds but that's no problem. Thanks again, Macky! Appreciate you working with us on this.

EvoMr420
07-17-2014, 01:48 PM
Lmao at all these people coming out of the woodwork...

Am I the only member under 150 posts that think this was a smart move? lol

evoempire
07-17-2014, 01:52 PM
Lmao at all these people coming out of the woodwork...

I was just thinking the same thing. lmao

But hey that's good! I like to see this forum more active.

EvoMr420
07-17-2014, 01:54 PM
I was just thinking the same thing. lmao

But hey that's good! I like to see this forum more active.

Couldn't agree more! Smart way to get all the lurkers involved/contributing lol

evoempire
07-17-2014, 01:57 PM
Couldn't agree more! Smart way to get all the lurkers involved/contributing lol

Macky sure is a sneaky little knee pad loving mofo!

chinoxmk22
07-17-2014, 02:02 PM
^^^Haha .

fricks
07-17-2014, 02:13 PM
150 post... That's quite a lot.

EvoMr420
07-17-2014, 02:16 PM
Macky sure is a sneaky little knee pad loving mofo!

Lmao...

Smart move Macky :encouragement:
I know I'm a new member too, but since I joined I've stayed active everyday and tried to contribute rather than just pop up occasionally to buy/sell parts lol

Macky
07-17-2014, 02:21 PM
Its been something that should have been done, but its not an easy thing to poke around at the scripts in the Forum. one wrong edit and it can take the whole place down.

That being said, this is an Evo forum, not a FS forum. Its not the reason for joining. other sites charge you to post something for sale. here, the requirement is that you be an active member. seems a reasonable compromise.

Evilawd
07-17-2014, 02:23 PM
My old s/n is evilawd10. Been a member since 2007. Don't post often but read up. I live in the desert, Palm Springs area. A few ppl can vouch for me. I don't see why most of us similar to myself are held back from having full benefits to the site. Outside of what was mentioned with precautions. I don't think this idea was well thoughtout

Macky
07-17-2014, 02:28 PM
My old s/n is evilawd10. Been a member since 2007. Don't post often but read up. I live in the desert, Palm Springs area. A few ppl can vouch for me. I don't see why most of us similar to myself are held back from having full benefits to the site. Outside of what was mentioned with precautions. I don't think this idea was well thoughtout

the benefits outweigh the issues of people being locked out. seeing FS thread after FS thread in an Evo forum is not exactly a good thing to see. again, it is not what the forum was designed for.

You can reuse your old username. that one has 187 posts and since its an older username, you can log in without any restrictions. I sent you a PM and the choice is up to you.

EvoMr420
07-17-2014, 02:31 PM

I have to disagree with all do respect :hug:.... I was also a member on here since 2008 (old screen name evil_evo8) but can no longer login to my old account, if your active on this forum it should not be hard to get your post count up. Like Macky said it's not a for sale forum but an enthusiast forum to learn more and meet new evo owners. Just stay active bro, trust me there's a lot more this forum has to offer and cool people to get to know as long as u stay active :encouragement:

Macky
07-17-2014, 02:32 PM
I have to disagree with all do respect :hug:.... I was also a member on her since 2007 (old screen name evil_evo8) but can no longer login to my old account, if your active on this forum it's should not be hard to get your post count up. Like Macky said it's not a for sale forum but an enthusiast forum to learn more and meet new evo owners. Just stay active bro, trust me there's a lot more this forum has to offer and cool people to get to know as long as u stay active :encouragement:

I can look up your old user name. seems only fair if you've been here that long. that's why I added the second script to take into account members that have been here long enough that just aren't as active.

chinoxmk22
07-17-2014, 02:34 PM
Yup. All you gotta do is join a thread and talk to other members. 150 post is pretty low

EvoMr420
07-17-2014, 02:35 PM
I can look up your old user name. seems only fair if you've been here that long. that's why I added the second script to take into account members that have been here long enough that just aren't as active.

That would be cool, but at the same time I don't mind using my new SN that's what the people I've met know me by now, I also don't mind paying my dues like the rest of you have. Thanks

evoempire
07-17-2014, 02:36 PM
Damn I have an old username too but I forget the login info. :( I think mine goes back from either 05 or 06.

Lorenzo Feal
07-17-2014, 02:41 PM
Macky I agree with the 150 or one year to view the for sale forums but at the same time if your worried about spam you gotta think you will get more spam elsewhere because people are going to try to post 150 times just to beable to post on for sale
i usually look at the for sale thread then I start to look at other forums but my point being is I like having the for sale things to see if anything nice up or trades or selling soo to do that people are either gonna have to wait or just post too much in one day like me 😂 lol

Macky
07-17-2014, 02:43 PM
well we have moderators who can just delete spammy posts. and I love to multitask at home and at work. the delete post button can cut down a user's post count so fast.

its pretty obvious who's spamming to up the post count and who's not.

fricks
07-17-2014, 02:49 PM
Yup. All you gotta do is join a thread and talk to other members. 150 post is pretty low

Sometimes I try. But I get distracted by your sig...

evoempire
07-17-2014, 02:50 PM
well we have moderators who can just delete spammy posts. and I love to multitask at home and at work. the delete post button can cut down a user's post count so fast.

You spam? You get the can! simple as that! lmao

evoempire
07-17-2014, 02:51 PM

Says the guy who has the highest post count on this forum lmao You are such a whore of posts!

EvoMr420
07-17-2014, 02:51 PM
Sometimes I try. But I get distracted by your sig...

I agree, I always like when chino post's lol (gotta love that Remy booty)... He's almost got me in trouble a couple times with that sig. I get asked "what are you looking at" lmao

fricks
07-17-2014, 02:54 PM
And most the time i post is cause I'm trying to figure out things. But the search button and reading does wonders and doesn't get you flamed... I don't disagree with the 150 post limit. At least it will give me some time to save up some money.

fricks
07-17-2014, 02:57 PM
I agree, I always like when chino post's lol (gotta love that Remy booty)... He's almost got me in trouble a couple times with that sig. I get asked "what are you looking at" lmao

same. Its always a little awkward when someone takes a peak at the screen. Especially cause he post in ever single thread. kinda hard to get away from it. lol

Lorenzo Feal
07-17-2014, 03:01 PM

Someone deleted my last post when it wasn't spam that's rude lol jk well okay makes sense I guess
how many people are active on the for sale thread since you changed it ?

EvoMr420
07-17-2014, 03:02 PM
same. Its always a little awkward when someone takes a peak at the screen. Especially cause he post in ever single thread. kinda hard to get away from it. lol

I kno the first time my wife seen it she was like wtf are you looking at :knuppel2: .. Now when she see's, she's like omg ur always on that evo website lmao :afro:

Lorenzo Feal
07-17-2014, 03:07 PM
I kno the first time my wife seen it she was like wtf are you looking at :knuppel2: .. Now when she see's, she's like omg ur always on that evo website lmao :afro:
I agree everytime I go on Socalevo I see it and it happens someone is standing next to me
they either say man that girls got a nice ass ha or they tell me why the fuck am I looking at porn right now 😂

fricks
07-17-2014, 03:08 PM

Exactly i have to be carful when I'm out in public. it could give you some very strange looks.

evo_jfa
07-17-2014, 03:43 PM
sexy chics are always courtesy of Chino...

EvoMr420
07-17-2014, 03:54 PM
sexy chics are always courtesy of Chino...

True... Especially in the NSFW pic thread, we need to bring that back lol :smitten:

evo_jfa
07-17-2014, 04:38 PM
I notice chino title as banned... why why??

fricks
07-17-2014, 04:59 PM
Wow weird. What did he do?

evo_jfa
07-17-2014, 05:04 PM
posting like a playa?

evoempire
07-17-2014, 05:26 PM
Well they tried banning him, but dat ass be so jiggly it bounced right off and it didn't stick. So hes back

evobros
07-17-2014, 05:33 PM
Sorry guy I had to ban him.

evobros
07-17-2014, 05:34 PM
Jp........lol

EvoMr420
07-17-2014, 05:39 PM
Well they tried banning him, but dat ass be so jiggly it bounced right off and it didn't stick. So hes back

:amen:...
Lol yea u can't ban him, everyone loves seeing Dat Ass in his sig too much!

jamesinger
07-17-2014, 05:40 PM
You should add a warning about post whoring as a result of this new rule.

Macky
07-17-2014, 05:47 PM
You should add a warning about post whoring as a result of this new rule.

Dino already had that warning:

http://www.socalevo.net/forums/27-Private-and-Member-Classifieds

POLICIESRead these policies carefully:
1. If you are a vendor and trying to post as a non registered vendor, don't try posting here... we will ban you with extreme prejudice.
2. OUR GROUP BUY POLICY IS HERE: READ POLICY

PROHIBITED ITEMS
=============
- PYRAMID MARKETING, COUPONS, NON TANGIBLE SERVICES
- LINKS TO EBAY OR AUCTIONS ARE NOT ALLOWED!
- NEW CARS in ANY FORUMS by unauthorized dealers/vendors are NOT ALLOWED
- SALES OF USPS/DHS RESTRICTED ITEMS: ammunition, guns, alcohol, corrosives, etc
- LIVE ANIMALS/PETS
- DANGEROUS CHEMICALS

Breaking these policies will result in heavy consequences including an IP and account ban or restriction from the classifieds area.
150 posts are required to post in the Classifieds sections simply for the fact that we don't want you to register just to post sales. DO NOT TRY TO SPAM POST THE REST OF THE FORUMS OR WE'LL RESET YOUR POSTCOUNT OR YOU COULD BE RESTRICTED FROM THE CLASSIFIEDS PERMANENTLY!

Macky
07-17-2014, 06:51 PM
170 users have been updated so far.

Macky
07-17-2014, 09:18 PM
190 users have been updated so far.

paulox
07-17-2014, 10:06 PM
thx for the quick response macky. this is a fresh start for me. haha

evoempire
07-18-2014, 05:43 AM
190 users have been updated so far.

1 by 1 we will get er done!

Macky
07-18-2014, 05:53 AM
1 by 1 we will get er done!

yeah. 242 users as of this morning.

evoempire
07-18-2014, 06:06 AM
yeah. 242 users as of this morning.

Yaaaay! I can't believe I was one of the first to start the revolution! Knee pad revolution is in full effect!

fricks
07-18-2014, 06:34 AM
I'll get there one day. Slowly but surely.

Lorenzo Feal
07-18-2014, 07:16 AM
I'll get there one day. Slowly but surely.
Yes same for me need to get 150 already😓

Macky
07-18-2014, 07:34 AM
easy on getting there. no necrobumping. we can set up a meet so we can have more things to discuss. ;)

fricks
07-18-2014, 07:50 AM
I'd be down for a meet. My car should be finished by next week. Only have had the chance to make it out to the in n out meet once.

Lookitsomar
07-18-2014, 08:09 AM
140 to go! Long ways to go

Macky
07-18-2014, 08:21 AM
247 and counting.

lifestylejay
07-18-2014, 08:27 AM
aww:doh:....... sucks for me :(!!!! i only have 92 post.

anyone want to chat for a bit hahahaha:wrc:

Macky
07-18-2014, 10:45 AM
261 users have changed over to date. looks like this brought people out of the woodwork. ;)

EvoMr420
07-18-2014, 11:04 AM
261 users have changed over to date. looks like this brought people out of the woodwork. ;)

4real lol, I'm seeing all these new screen names poping up that I'm not used to seeing

Lorenzo Feal
07-18-2014, 11:05 AM
easy on getting there. no necrobumping. we can set up a meet so we can have more things to discuss. ;)
Lol necrobumping? Also when and where are you having this meet I hear of 😝

evoempire
07-18-2014, 11:06 AM
aww:doh:....... sucks for me :(!!!! i only have 92 post.

anyone want to chat for a bit hahahaha:wrc:
If you become a team knee pads member your post count is guaranteed to rise exponentially. ;)

Coming out of the shadows. :)

davey111483
07-18-2014, 01:27 PM
i have more than 150 posts but i can't seem to post on my own for sale thread.

EdiREvo8
07-18-2014, 02:04 PM
easy on getting there. no necrobumping. we can set up a meet so we can have more things to discuss. ;) this sounds good :)

Macky
07-18-2014, 11:44 PM
those that should see the Private and Member Classifieds Section (i.e. over 150 posts or over 1 year member) and cant, follow these steps that work to reset your session:

-log out (do not just close out of the browser)
-delete all cookies and temp files
-log back in
-go to any other forum section (i.e. go to Evo General)
-click into any active thread
-click out and go to the main forum
-you should now see the Private and Member Classifieds.

everyone that had that issue was resolved this way. in some rare cases, you just have to make at least one regular post on an active (DO NOT NECROBUMP OLD THREADS) thread and the Private and Member Classifieds will show up.

EDIT : 319 users as of tonight were converted.

makaveli
07-18-2014, 11:59 PM
i need 139 more post ... Yayyyy!

AceCampano
07-19-2014, 12:23 AM
I love this idea. Just gotta get used to logging on when I want to see what's for sale lol

Lorenzo Feal
07-19-2014, 09:22 AM
I love this idea. Just gotta get used to logging on when I want to see what's for sale lol
Wait does it reset everytime for you

knac2118
07-19-2014, 10:06 AM
Damn, not gonna lie I only use forums for buying parts. I guess it's time to be more active..

AceCampano
07-20-2014, 12:47 AM
Wait does it reset everytime for you

I use my phone, and every time I close my browser it logs me off socalevo. Lol

fricks
07-20-2014, 03:03 AM

You can check the box to keep you logged in.

BoostJunky
07-20-2014, 02:30 PM
What if we lost our old account when the changes to the forum were made?

Macky
07-21-2014, 06:11 AM
I don't think any accounts were lost, just not reactivated. PM me your account and we can take a look.

As a side note, for every changeover, there will be people having problems. Its however not systemic. Most everyone that posted in this thread had recurring issues even after they cleared the cookies and temp files. But they eventually were able to see the Private and Member Classifieds section without any change on our part. Sometimes it just takes time for your user info to get refreshed. In the meantime, just try and actively participate in the forum.

Some people found that by posting or even viewing other sections of the forum (not just the Classifieds) reset their permissions right away. Those having a fit, well its unfortunate but if no one could see the Classifieds at all, then there is a problem. But since people that claimed they couldn't see the Classifieds even after doing the steps provided were eventually able to see it after posting here, we know for a fact it is just a refresh issue.

Macky
07-21-2014, 09:41 AM
413 users have now changed over and have been able to get in the Private and Members Classifieds.

SD_Lurker
07-21-2014, 03:21 PM
This is a joke. I've been a member for 2 flippin years. Some people don't spend their days posting on forums.

Treyzian
07-21-2014, 03:56 PM
This is a joke. I've been a member for 2 flippin years. Some people don't spend their days posting on forums.

Think there's a thing where if you've been a member for over a year, it waives the 150 post count req.

Macky
07-21-2014, 06:15 PM
Think there's a thing where if you've been a member for over a year, it waives the 150 post count req.

exactly.

furthermore, the 1 year limit has been removed and the post count number has been dropped low enough that all but a handful of members wont be able to post.

that said, you still need to log off and back on. for god's sakes dont just head over to the FS forum. at least click somewhere, catch up on something. the system is automated but it cant refresh your logon if you keep heading straight to the FS section.

once again, those users who *cant see* the Private and Member Classifieds section need to:
1. Log Off
2. Clear cookies/delete temp files
3. Log In
4. Go ANYWHERE EXCEPT the Private and Member Classifieds FIRST
5. Click on the Forum link to go to the home forum. You will see the Private and Member Classifieds section.

It's been tested and it works. More than half of those who logged in and can't see the P/M section got access to it after following those steps.

Whiskers
07-21-2014, 06:20 PM

That's why the 1 year minimum was set, but from what I see that has been lifted so you should have no problems anymore.

Treyzian
07-21-2014, 06:29 PM
exactly.

furthermore, the 1 year limit has been removed and the post count number has been dropped low enough that all but a handful of members wont be able to post.

Wait, what's the req post count now?

That's why the 1 year minimum was set, but from what I see that has been lifted so you should have no problems anymore.

0_o who are you? :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NzgPNpQkno

Macky
07-21-2014, 06:31 PM

twenty five.

Whiskers
07-21-2014, 06:32 PM

0_o who are you? :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NzgPNpQkno

long time owner and lurker.

Lorenzo Feal
07-21-2014, 06:34 PM

oh that sucks lol i use my phone and never happens to me

Treyzian
07-21-2014, 08:24 PM

long time owner and lurker.

Hi :)

Macky, I swear to God, I'll get 10 e-mails within 2 seconds, all because some idiot bumps all these threads from 6 months ago...

I like how this dealt with the Marketplace issue, but now there's a bumping dead threads and postspamming issue... :/

Macky
07-21-2014, 08:31 PM
just report them. we will take of it.

evo_jfa
07-22-2014, 06:14 AM
Good work macky, we highly appreciate your efforts to keep the forum active. It's a lot of time and effort. +1 about multiple up dates.. I unsubscribe from some old post threads.

Macky
07-22-2014, 06:18 AM
its hard trying to find the right balance. its either too high and some people complain, or its too low and there are a ton of FS threads again from new people. oh well. we figured this is the best compromise. just report the necrobumpers and those trying to raise their post counts by posting random posts.

Treyzian
07-22-2014, 08:29 AM
Will do, thanks again :P

evo_jfa
07-22-2014, 08:36 AM
we can start the necrobumpers extermination squad.. XD

luvmyred9
07-22-2014, 06:14 PM
Got it to work Macky. Thanks I appreciate it!

Macky
07-22-2014, 08:39 PM
glad its working out for you guys!

Pats04Evo8
07-22-2014, 09:06 PM
+1, gotta build up my posts! Rules are rules fellas!

Macky
07-22-2014, 09:27 PM
just FYI we've gotten complaints about people trying to build up their post count by posting random stuff. those we find doing so will get their posts deleted.

rawger
07-22-2014, 10:04 PM
+1, gotta build up my posts! Rules are rules fellas!

just FYI we've gotten complaints about people trying to build up their post count by posting random stuff. those we find doing so will get their posts deleted.

Ya come on guys, don't post whore just to get your post number up. I've seen a shit load of old threads that aren't even talked about anymore, an post from a lot of people that are just doing it to get the post numbers up. Come on guys let's keep this site alove an not over ran with newbs that don't know nothing an blowing post up to access the for sale classified area.

Whiskers
07-22-2014, 10:10 PM
If a thread has been inactive for a certain amount of time and a new, useful post is added, then that would be fine.

But when people just start posting "thats cool" or "awesome ride" or something along those lines, your posts will be deleted.

Chips
07-23-2014, 11:47 AM
How about if youre caught post whoring you get added to team knee pads?

rawger
07-23-2014, 12:01 PM
How about if youre caught post whoring you get added to team knee pads?

No how about, post whores get sent to Team knee pads for a complimentary mouth work out. ;)
team knee pads are like honey bunches of oats cuz "you'll always get a mouth full of joy" !! LMAO

Macky
07-23-2014, 01:10 PM
Ya come on guys, don't post whore just to get your post number up. I've seen a shit load of old threads that aren't even talked about anymore, an post from a lot of people that are just doing it to get the post numbers up. Come on guys let's keep this site alove an not over ran with newbs that don't know nothing an blowing post up to access the for sale classified area.

while its nice that activity has picked up, there will be always some bad along with the good.

what we need is the regular posters to actually come back and talk Evos, and be active again in the community. There are lots of ways people can contribute without bumping their posts up with useless nonsense. Those that do remind me of this:

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/99/56/44/995644dd7fd0033bd75768ea2403d189.jpg

evoutionIX
07-23-2014, 06:22 PM
I'm just here for the gangbanghttp://i.imgur.com/KbBsHc8.jpg

evoutionIX
07-23-2014, 06:27 PM
never knew SCE was full of whiners. I mostly remember the post whores and I was one of them. fun times!! but this is a great move on behalf of the administrators and I totally support you guys on this. still not a fan of this most recent site update but that's irregardless of this. just hope this site thrives once again and will miss post whoring and lurking yet again, as I'm leaving

rawger
07-23-2014, 06:47 PM
I'm just here for the gangbanghttp://i.imgur.com/KbBsHc8.jpg

I would like to know where this party is being held at !! An am I invited ?! Lol

evoutionIX
07-23-2014, 07:02 PM
^^pretty sure that's a picture of you. don't you member?

rawger
07-23-2014, 07:12 PM
Lmao, that is me huh ! I just look so sexy in a thong that I don't recognize my self. That's why they changed my rank to "mouth full of joy" cuz that's what I am lol.

evoutionIX
07-23-2014, 07:29 PM
haha!! better be proud of that because I now know where to go to get a happy ending. you were too busy that day for me to approach, plus I'm a shy guy :baby:

rawger
07-23-2014, 07:50 PM
Don't be shy ! I'm obviously not. Hahahahahahahaha !

RedSER13
07-25-2014, 07:54 PM
i can see the classified section, but it says private. i followed the instruction (logged out, cleared cookies, logged in, select anything other than classifieds), but i still can't see the posts in there. been here since 2009.

chinoxmk22
07-26-2014, 01:48 PM
haha!! better be proud of that because I now know where to go to get a happy ending. you were too busy that day for me to approach, plus I'm a shy guy :baby:
dude I missed your calls, I was in vacation. no phone. and since you don't text that makes it harder lol.