PDA

View Full Version : Rockford Foscate Woofer

casanova136
02-26-2015, 05:42 PM
So I was at stereo shop today getting a viper remote start installed today. While I was there I asked them about the quality of the 10in woofer. They told me it is very low quality and could not handle to many watts. Was told I should take it out and replace it as well as the factory amp. Does anyone agree with that, or are they full of carp?

phillies23
02-26-2015, 05:50 PM
Maybe those guys are audio tuners not vehicle tuners lol

Unless ur gonna add weight to ur car upgrade ur sound system ?

BLKMBA
02-26-2015, 06:42 PM
Rockford fozgate are competition woofers. And not cheap. I run two 12" p3 woofers. They do add a good amount of weight. But I love to bump lol. I would just get more powerful amp first (one from Rockford if you can afford it).

BLKMBA
02-26-2015, 06:45 PM
It all depends on how much bass you want... years ago I had two 12" t1 subs in a truck cab... that hurt the ears.... and I had to sell it... Too impractical...

casanova136
02-26-2015, 08:31 PM
Bro's they were installing a box with two low range 12's, can't remember the name of them. They had I think a Rockford model 200 amp running them. That thing was only like 6 in long by maybe 5in wide. That they was hitting so hard I had to get out of the car due to my ears hurting. He told me that amp was only 200 bucks. Kind of reminded me of the old punch 75 back in the day. It got me thinking.

BLKMBA
02-26-2015, 08:40 PM
Yea they can hurt. Mine are low profile so I can still use my truck and spare wheel. Too much rattle and you need a grip of dynamat anyway. My car way heavy from the system. You get used to it though. Kinda.

casanova136
02-26-2015, 08:45 PM
So you think I should start by getting a better amp and go from there? The guy did say the X's door and rear speakers are pretty good.

BLKMBA
02-26-2015, 08:49 PM
I chose to upgrade my 9 speakers. Idk what the ten even has lol. Yea I would go for amp for bass and try to get a subwoofer control knob (I think the fosgate punch amp has em). Made a huge difference for my system. And it helps when bumping and you see a cop to quick turn bass down.

casanova136
02-26-2015, 09:03 PM
I chose to upgrade my 9 speakers. Idk what the ten even has lol. Yea I would go for amp for bass and try to get a subwoofer control knob (I think the fosgate punch amp has em). Made a huge difference for my system. And it helps when bumping and you see a cop to quick turn bass down.

yea bro the little Rockford amp I saw today for 200 bucks comes with the control knob as well. If you have the SSS package in the X, it comes with all Rockford equipment. Including the 10in woofer in the trunk.

BLKMBA
02-26-2015, 10:17 PM
yea bro the little Rockford amp I saw today for 200 bucks comes with the control knob as well. If you have the SSS package in the X, it comes with all Rockford equipment. Including the 10in woofer in the trunk.
Oh kool. Yea the amps are pricey. But that should give good bass with the knob. If not at least it a good start to an after market Rockford sub lol. Good luck squeezing some bass out of that sub.

casanova136
02-26-2015, 11:31 PM
Oh kool. Yea the amps are pricey. But that should give good bass with the knob. If not at least it a good start to an after market Rockford sub lol. Good luck squeezing some bass out of that sub.

rite on bro, thanks for chiming in on the post, and giving me some good info to go with. I appreciate it. Nice meeting you!

BLKMBA
02-27-2015, 05:10 AM
rite on bro, thanks for chiming in on the post, and giving me some good info to go with. I appreciate it. Nice meeting you!
No problem. Nice meeting you too. It wasn't the usual evo conversation lol. I was starting to think I was the only evo with a sound system. Lol jk.

jeruhhmee
02-27-2015, 11:13 AM
what size amp would you recommend for getting the most bump out of the stock 10?

casanova136
02-27-2015, 01:58 PM
No problem. Nice meeting you too. It wasn't the usual evo conversation lol. I was starting to think I was the only evo with a sound system. Lol jk.

Well bro if you are the only evo out there with a sound system, there's about to be two of us lol..

casanova136
02-27-2015, 02:00 PM
what size amp would you recommend for getting the most bump out of the stock 10?

I'm not sure how many watts the stock 10 will handle. I will ask the local stereo shop and get back to you.

BLKMBA
02-27-2015, 02:39 PM
Well bro if you are the only evo out there with a sound system, there's about to be two of us lol..
Lol fo sho.

BLKMBA
02-27-2015, 02:42 PM
I'm not sure how many watts the stock 10 will handle. I will ask the local stereo shop and get back to you.
I second this. Diff ten inch can handle way diff watts. A shop should know. Just make sure you check yelp first lol. Don't wanna go to a two star place.

jeruhhmee
03-02-2015, 12:25 PM
I second this. Diff ten inch can handle way diff watts. A shop should know. Just make sure you check yelp first lol. Don't wanna go to a two star place.

thanks guys, i'll def look into it. just wanted to see if anyone had it done first or had any recommendations before i went and asked.

BLKMBA
03-02-2015, 03:49 PM
thanks guys, i'll def look into it. just wanted to see if anyone had it done first or had any recommendations before i went and asked.
No problem. Sry I don't have more info on the stock evo x woofer. When I was younger I would say scrap stock and go aftermarket. Now days I'd say best in budget to get quality sound. It all what your personal preference is. Like with anything else in car modification. Good luck with whatever route you go.

jeruhhmee
03-03-2015, 09:39 AM
No problem. Sry I don't have more info on the stock evo x woofer. When I was younger I would say scrap stock and go aftermarket. Now days I'd say best in budget to get quality sound. It all what your personal preference is. Like with anything else in car modification. Good luck with whatever route you go.

yeah i wanted to go aftermarket at first but with the sub box already being tucked away in the corner it'd be easier to just switch the amp instead and save the remaining space i do have left in the trunk haha. thanks!

Pwrdby4g63
03-03-2015, 12:43 PM
I have personally talked to Rockford when they were at MOD a few years ago. The sub can handle a lot more than way is currently running on it from the factory. They suggested just upgrading the factory amp and leaving the sub stock. They suggested their 5 channel 1000w (rms) amp. I believe that would be an output of about 200-250w RMS to the sub. The amp is about $500 bucks I believe. If you can not afford the T model amps you can go with their prime series amps. They are good but make sure not to run the gain too high because your sub and speakers will clip which will cause them to pop much sooner. My brother has the evo X so this is why I asked them. I have a IX with the SSL package (factory Infinity speakers, radio and amp) which sounded pretty good. I switched the head-unit for an Alpine and added a 500W RMS Rockford amp and a bandpass box with 2 10" kicker comp v's and it sounds pretty damn good for what it is. Whatever you do make sure to properly tune your system so it does not clip or distort. Good luck.

jeruhhmee
03-03-2015, 12:58 PM
I have personally talked to Rockford when they were at MOD a few years ago. The sub can handle a lot more than way is currently running on it from the factory. They suggested just upgrading the factory amp and leaving the sub stock. They suggested their 5 channel 1000w (rms) amp. I believe that would be an output of about 200-250w RMS to the sub. The amp is about $500 bucks I believe. If you can not afford the T model amps you can go with their prime series amps. They are good but make sure not to run the gain too high because your sub and speakers will clip which will cause them to pop much sooner. My brother has the evo X so this is why I asked them. I have a IX with the SSL package (factory Infinity speakers, radio and amp) which sounded pretty good. I switched the head-unit for an Alpine and added a 500W RMS Rockford amp and a bandpass box with 2 10" kicker comp v's and it sounds pretty damn good for what it is. Whatever you do make sure to properly tune your system so it does not clip or distort. Good luck.

this is great! thank you for this.

casanova136
03-03-2015, 01:12 PM

thanks for the great info! I ended up ordering the prime 500x1d. I'm in the process of making a fiberglass box in the same spot the OEM sub was located. Started taping the area off, getting ready for the fiberglass. Once the box is complete I will put the P2 4ohm in it. Thanks again people!

BLKMBA
03-03-2015, 03:32 PM
Sounds good. I knew someone had to know more bout the stock sub. Cool beans. We should all show off our systems same time. See who loudest. Lol jk. We might get too much attention.

LisaHamiltonEu
11-24-2020, 10:59 AM
what is the best woofer you have ever usedd?

nicklulu
11-24-2020, 11:12 AM
Sony Xplod 1300 watts sub.

Dordtas
11-25-2020, 01:07 PM
Well it depends on the needs you are having and where do you want it. In our case, i really like the Rockford Fosgate P300-12 Punch, it is a subwoofer, however it is just amazing for a car. Recently i installed such a woofer in my car, in my 1997 honda civic. Well, the woofer is great, however when the vtec starts revving i cannot hear sh*t. In case you are driving normally, the music is just awesome. When i installed it i choose a circuit card from 4pcb, however I had no idea how to assemble it. So i had to call for a circuit card assembly service (https://www.4pcb.com/Assembly-Services.html).