Thread: FS: Evo VIII/IX Authentic Do-Luck Carbon Fiber Trunk

FS: Evo VIII/IX Authentic Do-Luck Carbon Fiber Trunk

SOLD today! Thanks for looking.
    after deciding to clay bar my evo this past weekend and putting the stock trunk and wing back on (since i didn’t want to clay bar without doing every body panel), i decided that i will be keeping them on for good and want to sell my authentic do-luck carbon fiber trunk, which will fit the evo viii and ix. Remember, since this is the authentic do-luck trunk (and not a "do-luck style"), it has the keyhole for the trunk, which is nice since you can open it with the key and not have to use the latch release (meaning that you won’t need two people to open the trunk without it catapulting open, unless you install the trunk bars from the rs). Here are the pictures:

Backside (taken yesterday)
    xw0i.jpg

topside, some fading (taken yesterday)
    5gbv.jpg
    h3p0.jpg

inside (taken yesterday)
    449t.jpg

older pictures when installed on my evo (taken sporadically over the past several months)

as you can see, the top has a little bit of fading (but was taken under direct sunlight, though it's far less noticeable in most other scenarios), but it could really sparkle with a new clearcoat on top, or it could be a good project if you wanted to paint it to match your car. The backside/vertical part is nearly flawless though and still looks new.

Like with any carbon fiber trunk, getting it to fit just right requires a bit of trial-and-error when positioning it during installation, but as seen in the pictures, it does fit and looks pretty sharp once it’s on.

Located in irvine/costa mesa area, asking $600 obo as-is. Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by DeeezNuuuts83; 08-17-2013 at 11:10 AM. Reason: SOLD!

Beautiful trunk. Bump for you!!
    instagram evojo3y
    www.facebook.com/evojo3y

Dad What are you doing its shark week!

Thanks for the bump! Who wants a real Do-Luck trunk? I don't see many of the authentic ones on sale these days (or ever, really).

Tuesday bump!

Any trades?

I'd prefer the cash (I have a bone stock Evo and don't plan on modding), but feel free to PM me your idea.

Thursday bump... thank you to those of you who have PMed me!

keep it, youll regret it once you do all your mods lol

Damn, this is the first authentic one I have seen for sale... Bump 4 u my friend

Quote Originally Posted by Chips View Post
    keep it, youll regret it once you do all your mods lol
    If I've gone this far without modding (remember, I bought this brand new in February 2007), then I don't see myself magically doing it anytime soon, or even anything all that significant.

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63_EVO View Post
    Damn, this is the first authentic one I have seen for sale... Bump 4 u my friend
    Thanks! I agree, I never see them either. It's usually just the VIS or other similar "Do-Luck Style" trunk. Those ones are generally more affordable, but it's not the real thing and they don't have the keyholes... not the end of the world, but still someone of a pain.

As a side note, I will consider trading for a set of stock Evo wheels in good shape with snow tires that still have life left in them.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83 View Post
    If I've gone this far without modding (remember, I bought this brand new in February 2007), then I don't see myself magically doing it anytime soon, or even anything all that significant.

Thanks! I agree, I never see them either. It's usually just the VIS or other similar "Do-Luck Style" trunk. Those ones are generally more affordable, but it's not the real thing and they don't have the keyholes... not the end of the world, but still someone of a pain.
    Oh I know it, back when I had my VIS I would pop the trunk and run to catch it HAHA

Oh I know it, back when I had my VIS I would pop the trunk and run to catch it HAHA
    You know, I think we've had this discussion before, maybe before I bought this trunk. Were you the guy who said you'd have one arm touching the latch while the other arm was stretched out as far as possible to hopefully catch the trunk mid-catapult?

trade you for a VIS one in perfect conditions, covered all the time never sees sunlight

IG: JDMMANNY_

No thank you, I'm sticking with my stock trunk and wing.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83 View Post
    You know, I think we've had this discussion before, maybe before I bought this trunk. Were you the guy who said you'd have one arm touching the latch while the other arm was stretched out as far as possible to hopefully catch the trunk mid-catapult?
    My god your right, lmaoo. I think I remember, yeah thats me!

Quote Originally Posted by JDMmanny View Post
    trade you for a VIS one in perfect conditions, covered all the time never sees sunlight
    Idk why anyone in their right mind would make that trade..

Idk why anyone in their right mind would make that trade..
    You can't blame the guy for trying! Perhaps he thought I was getting rid of the trunk since the top coat was a little faded and wanted a "new" one. You're right though, I purposely went with the real thing since I wanted the keyhole so I wouldn't have to hunt down the RS trunk bars or have to be Mr. Fantastic when opening the trunk.